Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

http://www.nucsports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=209433030

Earl Campbell to Adrian Peterson, Texas has produced some of the greatest running backs of all-time.

And while Sachse star Devine Ozigbo can't be mentioned in the same breath just yet, he hopes to follow in the footsteps of those great ball carriers. Ozigbo is one of the fastest risers in the Class of 2015 and already holds multiple offers after amassing over 1,000 yards of total offense and 15 touchdowns a season ago.

While Ozigbo is keeping quiet when it comes to favorites, it's clear he has a soft spot for Miami. The Hurricanes extended a scholarship last month, and Ozigbo plans on making an unofficial visit on March 18.

"I was really excited when Miami offered me. That's a big offer," Ozigbo said. "It's a great school, and they have a lot of tradition. I know they have a great history of sending players to the NFL too. I'm really looking forward to making the visit and seeing everything."

If Miami doesn't meet his expectations, Ozigbo has two more BCS options in Iowa and Utah. Ozigbo has not yet visited either school but has done his research on the two programs and describes his interest as 'very high.'

"Iowa is a school I really like. A big reason why is because of their strong running game. They are in the Big Ten, and they love to run the football," Ozigbo said. "If I go there, I know I'll be getting the ball a lot. I talk to the coaches almost every day, and they think I could come in and really help their team.

"I really like Utah too. I really like that they are in the Pac-12. That's a great conference. I don't really know too much yet, but I know they had a good season, and they run a similar offense to the one that we run here at Sachse, so it would be a good fit."

Ozigbo also holds an offer from Tulsa and has made visits to North Texas and Oklahoma State this spring. Boise State, Syracuse and UTSA have all been showing strong interest as of late and could be the next schools to offer.

While Ozigbo says the recruiting process has been 'very fun,' he's also been hard at work in the weight room and on the field this offseason. Last year, the 5-foot-11, 215-pounder helped Sachse reach the playoffs with one of the most explosive offenses in the Dallas-area.

But this season, he believes the Mustangs can be even better.

"We had a great year last year. It was really fun because we had a great senior class," Ozigbo said. 'We're losing Kent Myers (signed with Utah State) and some others, but I still think we're going to have a great offense and team. I'm really working hard to become a leader and help the team in any way possible."

I like this kid's film and think he could be a nice player for a program down the road...I'm just not sure he fits GMcD's offense very well. He is adamant about have rb's that can flat out run ala Oregon. Right or wrong, that is his vision on O.

I like this kid's film and think he could be a nice player for a program down the road...I'm just not sure he fits GMcD's offense very well. He is adamant about have rb's that can flat out run ala Oregon. Right or wrong, that is his vision on O.

I feel the same way. I think Devine will be a good wherever he ends up, but just doesn't seem to fit the style we seem to be going with.

BjB0YKfIUAAYCvt.jpg:large

What... they don't let them in the locker room like everywhere else?

I continue to be baffled by our apparent lack of interest in this kid. Big time RB prospects from Texas who love SU don't exactly come along often. 5-11, 215, 4.5 as a senior playing at a high level TX school?

Come on guys. Get off your asses.
Not a fit for the offense we're trying to run possibly? If there are kids we evaluated and rate higher than him then I'd prefer we go after those kids first.

Not a fit for the offense we're trying to run possibly? If there are kids we evaluated and rate higher than him then I'd prefer we go after those kids first.
Sometimes it may be worth breaking into an area, and from what I can see, it isn't a reach that he couldn't play here, and succeed as well. I would lean that we aren't hearing the whole story and there is something out there that says lets wait a bit.

Coach Nate ‏@DynastyPA 35m
LSU Tigers have invited @DevineOzigbo22 to the Spring Game and upcoming Summer Camp.

I don't know, I feel like we had an opportunity to strike early with this one and I think the staff may regret not doing just that. Went back and watched his highlight tapes, he catches several passes out of the backfield and gains major yardage on those plays not sure what else they are looking for.

Oh good. LSU wants him but we don't really care.

I haven't seen the ball being dropped this badly since Hot Hands in Little Giants.
Have you spoken to the coaches to see whether or not they think his skill set fits what they want to do on offense?

I didn't think so. But keep saying that they're dropping the ball.

Have you spoken to the coaches to see whether or not they think his skill set fits what they want to do on offense?

I didn't think so. But keep saying that they're dropping the ball.
A recruit this good likes SU and we have barely been in contact, we are dropping the ball.

A recruit this good likes SU and we have barely been in contact, we are dropping the ball.
Easy., coaches know best. Even though the kids is a stud his type of game might not fit into our offense. I trust the coaches know what they are doing

We're not dropping the ball. If he's the 5th ranked RB on our board (hypothetically, of course) and we think we're in great shape for 1-4, then i'm fine with not offering.