Class of 2017 - RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers

sigh...

I took the time and effort to look up and post the actual bylaws. They are still there in my post to read. If I'm wrong, show me where I am wrong. But the uninformed wishcasting is unhelpful. Show me where it says that Miami needs "grounds" to sign the release? Show me where the NCAA mandates the criteria by which a school is required to grant a release?

One may disagree with the policy (I do), but under the NCAA bylaws, the current school has a ton of power over the player wanting to transfer.

For those claiming Miami can't restrict where Edwards goes - of course they can. The default is that a player stays at his current school until his eligibility runs out. There are particular rules imposed by the NCAA and conditions that must be met in order to disrupt the default and change schools. The player needs to get the current school to sign the release. By the rules, the school has absolutely no obligation to release a player. In such a situation, the school has all the power. The school is perfectly within its rights to say, "I'll release you, but only if you go/don't go __________". If the player refuses to communicate, the school simply doesn't grant the release.

And looks bad to everyone, including recruits and players who might consider Miami. I'd be shocked to see this through if there ends up being some media pressure.

Not worth it.

Plus the dude just had a baby and wants to be closer to home and his family. He gave you 3 years.

I have heard that Gus is not a take for RU, too much baggage with the bullying & suicide incident in HS

too much baggage is such a joke. there was no baggage.

Believe what you want, but the media would kill RU if they took this kid after everything that happened during the Flood error. If kid wants to play close to home he might end up at Maryland or Temple or PSU which are all much closer then SU

whatever happened in high school was 6 years ago. A) nobody remembers anymore and B) the media would love the story of how Edwards got his act together and graduated in 4 years from college. that's a good story. but then again, i forgot it is new jersey.

you're just a butt hurt troll.

Side note: if this ends with him at Pitt, I will weep.

Mahoney's off season training for Pitt.

1280829896_slo-mo-karate-chop.gif

I hope we beat Miami by 50
Also I suspect he will be released to any school by the end of the week. PR pressure will be to much soon.

If you're the media, you've got to hold him accountable. This is the reason people say whatever they think the public wants them to say, because they're not taken to task enough when it's a fib. Call him on his BS and put him on the spot. Watch how fast this decision gets reversed if he's slammed in the National Media Spotlight.

If you're the media, you've got to hold him accountable. This is the reason people say whatever they think the media wants them to hear, because they're not taken to task enough when it's a fib. Call him on his BS and put him on the spot. Watch how fast this decision gets reversed if he's slammed in the National Media Spotlight.

& with a week until signing day I wonder if he'd like recruits knowing that hey if doesn't work out I control who you go play for elsewhere (unless of course I leave for another school again ;))

If you're the media, you've got to hold him accountable. This is the reason people say whatever they think the public wants them to say, because they're not taken to task enough when it's a fib. Call him on his BS and put him on the spot. Watch how fast this decision gets reversed if he's slammed in the National Media Spotlight.
Time for AD Wildhack to make a call to his friends at ESPN.

Again, it's not the end of the world for Richt to let Gus go to Pitt or SU, it's one game. Maybe two but highly doubtful

Doubt it as they just lost their OC.

Didn't stop them from grabbing Max Browne a QB grad transfer from USC. I do think we're closer to his home and it's far more likely he ends up here if granted his release ...

If you are Miami, are you really scared of letting a RB transfer to SU for one year? Especially when you have the Cuse at home next year? If they don't have the confidence that they are better than Cuse at home, even with Gus, then they have far bigger problems. Pitt I can understand. But right now, Cuse is still laying the foundation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom