Class of 2017 - RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers

I've got to believe this is the Miami AD and not Richt making the call. In 15 years at Georgia I never saw him once restrict a kid on his transfer destination. He's a solid guy. Heck, he let a kid transfer out to Georgia Tech.

I've got to believe this is the Miami AD and not Richt making the call. In 15 years at Georgia I never saw him once restrict a kid on his transfer destination. He's a solid guy. Heck, he let a kid transfer out to Georgia Tech.
Wonder if Richt could overrule this institutional policy if he wanted.

“Institutionally, our policy has been that we would not do that for a school we’re going to play in the upcoming season,” James said.

AD: Miami Hurricanes won’t let transfer Gus Edwards play immediately at Syracuse, Pittsburgh | Canes Watch

So Miami's AD wants to treat a scholarship as if it has a non compete clause in it.

Talk about evidence that players should be seen as employees.

The kid has completed his degree program at Miami, that should be the end of it.

If he has another year of eligibility he should be free to go anywhere he wants at a place that will give him a grad scholarship.

Unreal.

Admins and coaches can leave freely but players can't? Please apply the pressure and let him have unfettered access to whatever school he wants.

Wonder if Richt could overrule this institutional policy if he wanted.

“Institutionally, our policy has been that we would not do that for a school we’re going to play in the upcoming season,” James said.

AD: Miami Hurricanes won’t let transfer Gus Edwards play immediately at Syracuse, Pittsburgh | Canes Watch

I can't see Richt overruling or questioning the AD or the university policy. Not in year two at a new gig. I would think he's making his case behind the scenes for the kid, but publicly he'll play good soldier. To his credit and detriment, he's never been one to rock the boat or call out his superiors publicly.

If a kid from the NE wants to transfer home to play his last year there are only a handful of choices and to then limit that even more.

but I also in the camp if the kid wants to transfer under the guise of working on his masters than make it a 2 yr thing, he sits out like every other transfer and he only counts in the 2nd yr against the schools scholie limits.. lets make this about school not football.

Graduate Transfers (football) that played their previous school the next season:
Devin Lucien - Arizona State from UCLA (2015)
Ross Taylor-Douglas - Michigan to Rutgers (2016 & 2017)
Brennan Scarlett - Cal to Stanford (2015)
Stevie Tu'ikolovatu - Utah to USC (2016)

I'm sure there's a lot more, but I'm going cross-eyed at the moment trying to look it up.

Simple solution: declare him ineligible for the SU-Miami game and let him go, as with "on loan" rules in professional soccer.

Gus won't be coming here people. Stinks for him but he will be fine. Look for him to land at BC. Possibly Uconn.

Gus won't be coming here people. Stinks for him but he will be fine. Look for him to land at BC. Possibly Uconn.
Addazio would drive him into the ground. Too much wear if he wants an NFL career.

Just noted that iOS corrected addazio to adds zip. I took that to mean zero.

You know this or suspect it?

awesome, he can't play for us against Miami, but can play for BC against us. classic.

If a kid from the NE wants to transfer home to play his last year there are only a handful of choices and to then limit that even more.

but I also in the camp if the kid wants to transfer under the guise of working on his masters than make it a 2 yr thing, he sits out like every other transfer and he only counts in the 2nd yr against the schools scholie limits.. lets make this about school not football.
If in good academic standing, transfers should never have to sit.

Disregard this message. This person obviously has no clue what he/she is taking about

I expect Miami to reverse their decision and grant him a full release. No school wants this much negative PR and considering he can't sign anywhere until graduation in May that's an awfully long time to be subjected to negative press.

#FreeGus

Last edited:
Disregard this message. This person obviously has no clue what he/she is taking about

I expect Miami to reverse their decision and grant him a full release. No school wants this much negative PR and considering he can't sign anywhere until graduation in May that's an awfully long time to be subjected to negative press.

#FreeGus

Thanks BK. Is the above speculation or have you heard good things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom