Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Agree. He is far from a likely get for Rutgers considering who they are up against for him but they are in it.

I wont disagree with that, Rutgers usually does a good job of getting involved with big time prospects, they dont land a lot but theres something to be said for at least being in it.

Yes , I am talking about Saeed Blacknall(who visited Rutgers this week) and his most recently released top 3 were LSU, Rutgers, and Alabama so your wrong about his current top 5.

Gesicki has 20+ offers including Ohio St(Meyer has stated he is their #1 TE target on the board), PSU, FSU, Miami, and Wisconsin(where he is visiting right now)

Lastly it is Noah Brown I was speaking about. Kid has offers from everyone and is being pushed hard by Ohio St(who leads for him) to commit. Rutgers had him on campus yesterday.

Hilliman is the #1 RB recruit in NJ and clearly RUs first choice. He was all Michigan for a while but it appears Rutgers is doing very well with him.

The fact that Rutgers is getting these guys on campus(along with Samuels, Maverty, Holley, and Applefield) is pretty good. Obviously there is stiff competition for all of these guys and if Rutgers lands a few of them to round out their class they will wind up with a very good class(probably top 25).

Gesicki does not have a reported OSU offer. And quite frankly other than Applefield who is in FL ... how could you not get these guys on campus? They are literally 20-30 mins away, now if it leads to a commitment then I would be impressed. SU has had numerous high level recruits on campus but didn't land them ... visits mean little in the grand scheme of things. Do they help land a recruit? Yep ... but getting them there does not put you in the driver's seat. Do you think guys with Mavety's, Holley's or Samuel's clout would be visiting SU or RU if they were in Alabama or Texas? Nope ... neither SU or RU right now is in a position to truly compete with the heavies for a bulk of these guys. When it comes to the aforementioned 3 we have location on our side that is it. Look its great getting mentioned with some of these names but you have to realistically look at the big picture, its easy to get excited over some of these names ... hell I'm jazzed we signed Williams but I myself want more 4 stars and have to look at things realistically ... neither of our programs are there right now ...

Who are all these hit and run buttgers posters. Cubuff, big, kyje

All drinking the cool aid to

Where is Rutgers going to put all these wr's and rbs? There's one ball and the guys throwing it stink.
This year, this year I tell you, will finally be the year that all those super gilded blue chip prospects that jump down the Rutgers drain, actually amount to something on the field. It's gotta happen eventually!

Where is Rutgers going to put all these wr's and rbs? There's one ball and the guys throwing it stink.

They throw the ball in the big 10?

Watching their offense the past few years - I'm not sure how they get any o recruits.

It's one guy playing tag with himself. The same guy that got dumped for being a tool a couple of weeks ago. You can tell by the syntax of the way he writes. (I may be serious. Or not)

I wont disagree with that, Rutgers usually does a good job of getting involved with big time prospects, they dont land a lot but theres something to be said for at least being in it.
Agreed, ask Savon Huggins. Can you say Flop? Is it him or the system?

Why any quality offensive prospect would even entertain attending NJ State is beyond comprehension. Their offense has been, well, offensive since Rice left.

Watching their offense the past few years - I'm not sure how they get any o recruits.
^^^^^Guess I should have read the entire thread before stepping on your response with my previous post!^^^^^

Agreed, ask Savon Huggins. Can you say Flop? Is it him or the system?

Why any quality offensive prospect would even entertain attending NJ State is beyond comprehension. Their offense has been, well, offensive since Rice left.

In all fairness, Huggins was behind Jamison as a true freshman/sophomore. With Jamison in the NFL now he will get his first chance to be the featured RB in their offense.

In all fairness, Huggins was behind Jamison as a true freshman/sophomore. With Jamison in the NFL now he will get his first chance to be the featured RB in their offense.

You can't be serious ... so a 3 star who had one other BCS offer (Clemson) a year ahead of Huggins is what caused him to average 2.6 ypc and 3.4 ypc in back to back seasons, its not like he only had 10 carries. I mean its bad enough that based on pedigree alone Jamison had no business jumping over Savon but this is why his yac is so poor? You don't have the best track record with top prospects ... its ok to be honest about it ... prior to last season Savon had 56 carries to Jamison's 231 ... you make it sound like he was light years ahead with regard to in game experience. Do you truly understand how RU is perceived outside of NJ, I know it is very easy to get wrapped up in winning 8 games against the Howards of the world but outside of that part of the world do you know how RU football is viewed?

You can't be serious ... so a 3 star who had one other BCS offer (Clemson) a year ahead of Huggins is what caused him to average 2.6 ypc and 3.4 ypc in back to back seasons, its not like he only had 10 carries.

Actually - no Clemson offer. Jamison only had offers from Florida Atlantic and Northern Illinois.

and Jamison clocks in at 4.68. Huggins looks even slower than that.

Actually - no Clemson offer. Jamison only had offers from Florida Atlantic and Northern Illinois.

and Jamison clocks in at 4.68. Huggins looks even slower than that.

According to my sundial Huggins and Jamison are even :) ... Scout did report a Clemson offer to Jamison but that could also be bogus ... I do notice they seem to report a lot of big offers to these RU recruits or at least claim they have these big offers anyway.

We'll see if Jamison makes the NFL-7th rounders are far from a shoo-in

Whether it was Jamison or Huggins carrying the ball last year, you can't get around the fact that RU's rushing offense was ranked 106th in the FBS.

Whether it was Jamison or Huggins carrying the ball last year, you can't get around the fact that RU's rushing offense was ranked 106th in the FBS.

But hey ... at least they weren't dead last LOL ... don't worry ... now that all the real competition sans LVille has left the American conference they might actually have an outside shot in playing for a conference title outright ... pity it took everyone leaving to have a shot at winning one for themselves.

But hey ... at least they weren't dead last LOL ... don't worry ... now that all the real competition sans LVille has left the American conference they might actually have an outside shot in playing for a conference title outright ... pity it took everyone leaving to have a shot at winning one for themselves.

They better hope they win the Ack this year because they will never sniff a conference title in the Big XIV

Featured RB = Guy we hand the ball to for three downs before punting. If you're Witter, I'm not sure how you look at their offense and then our string of 1,000 yd backs and go with RU.

Featured RB = Guy we hand the ball to for three downs before punting. If you're Witter, I'm not sure how you look at their offense and then our string of 1,000 yd backs and go with RU.
Exactly.

Other than Rice, what other NFL level RB's have they produced? Even in our darkest times we put Carter and Brinkley in the league and it looks like Bailey might be getting a shot also.

Is this Rutgersfan.com? I must be in the wrong place.

Admins, could we maybe have an "other teams" forum where people can discuss this stuff adnausem, so we can actually click on a link in syracusefan.com's football recruiting forum, and follow Syracuse's status with a player?

Is this Rutgersfan.com? I must be in the wrong place.

Admins, could we maybe have an "other teams" forum where people can discuss this stuff adnausem, so we can actually click on a link in syracusefan.com's football recruiting forum, and follow Syracuse's status with a player?

I'd say its been pretty relevant since Witter is us or RU and is a running back?!?