Class of 2021 - RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Question is, where did he lose that weight, he did not look like he had a lot of non muscle tissue to lose. Trying to increase speed and endurance? Well I hope it works for him.
Im thinking speed as he had a 4.40 upon rejoining the team I read. Jarveon’s a Mississippi bull. I don’t think it’s lean muscle he lost. The backs from that state have been built different for a long time.

Regardless, I think because of the importance of the rb adjusting the line to defensive scheming (if we’re still running Babers’ O), we’ll see Josh get snaps but more in late game control the pace and run tempo situations

Will Syracuse football RB room produce 1st 1,000-yard man since 2012? (2021 preview) goal line huh we will see bout that ! Big general in best shape of his lifeready to prove he belongs
Big General… wait did OttoinGrotto gavel This? Does he have the power to veto a parental nickname?

Either way, I like it And Dino has shown a willingness to play freshman over more experienced backs if they show their worth. Neal, Howard and Tucker all played a lot even though there were more experienced incumbents (often many) so I am excited to see Big General

Last edited:
Big General… wait did OttoinGrotto gavel This? Does he have the power to veto a parental nickname?

Either way, I like it And Dino has shown a willingness to play freshman over more experienced backs if they show their worth. Neal, Adams and Tucker all played a lot even though there were incumbents (often many) so I am excited to see Big General
Was selfishly hoping the board would think up something akin to thickburger

So I'm watching TV in walks big general what's up pops I'm home for a week before camp ! You gonna train me this week ! He looks good dropped some serious weight ! He actually excited for camp as he says I'm applying pressure next week pops !
Great to hear. That's the attitude we want from him where he is pushing guys for time. Nice to know he is getting his body cut up and dropping some weight. What is he down to now?

650BEAA1-D524-48AE-AC8F-4E3D547F0054.jpeg

he said he is doing well ! He is tired but he has never been tested like this ! Mental toughness!

He's a monster, and has a great mix of power and speed. I can't picture someone else being better as our short yardage back. As long as Josh is explosive at the point of contact, he's going to be our guy.

Folks, just remember we don't have to raise expectations to an unreasonable level because his dad is on the board.

I'm excited to see Josh play but if he doesn't get a ton of minutes as a true freshman, it's because he's at a position stocked with upperclassmen. Kids need time to adjust to ACC football.

Folks, just remember we don't have to raise expectations to an unreasonable level because his dad is on the board.

I'm excited to see Josh play but if he doesn't get a ton of minutes as a true freshman, it's because he's at a position stocked with upperclassmen. Kids need time to adjust to ACC football.

I just want to see the kid get a legitimate shot. Our short-yardage package has sucked for years.
It's worth a try.

I just want to see the kid get a legitimate shot. Our short-yardage package has sucked for years.
It's worth a try.

Not worth burning a redshirt for unless he can truly move a pile as a true freshman. All the RB’s can be effective at short yardage if the OL is healthier and more physical. Having Elmore back at FB helps as well. And if GS is the dude at QB, it even helps more in short yardage situations.

Hough will have great moments at SU, but I’d rather we didn’t rush him.

Not worth burning a redshirt for unless he can truly move a pile as a true freshman. All the RB’s can be effective at short yardage if the OL is healthier and more physical. Having Elmore back at FB helps as well. And if GS is the dude at QB, it even helps more in short yardage situations.

Hough will have great moments at SU, but I’d rather we didn’t rush him.

1. Hough has 25-30 lbs on any other back on our roster

2. Elmore is a detriment on short yardage situations, most of the time. He has size and he can churn his legs, but if there isn't already a hole, he's not going to make one. Elmore lacks the explosiveness I'm speaking of. When he hits the line, he should be a bowling bowl at his size and send guys flying. He doesn't come close to doing that, though.