Class of 2018 - RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt

Hope it doesnt matter but the weather in Pittsburgh has been great this weekend.

IMO:
I'm further removed now from feeling priviliged to compete for Robert Washington-type recruits - savior types. We are close now to regularly persuing and corraling serious talent. That's half the battle. Performance on the field is the other half. I believe landing Salahuddin is truly pivotal to the success of SU Football - especially in future recruiting efforts. If we get him it could halo to other recruiting endeavors and create a buzz and an upward trajectory in the recruiting world where the cognoscenti (sorry for the bullshh*t word) will take notice. So much of this (successful recruiting) is about perception.

Salahuddin seems like a thoughtful guy as well as a RB stud, so having him choose SU in such an informed and deliberative way speaks volumes to how far we've come. It's not like "Please come here Mr. Juggernaut RB." It's more like we've got a lot to offer so you should consider us. The only missing piece is a winning track record of late.

If we had a player of this caliber last year it might have made the difference in the NC St, FSU and Miami of Fla. games (let alone MTSU). Where our warrior QB Dungey doesn't feel he has to take the whole team on his shoulders and get battered and bruised; because he knows a Salahuddin-type player can carry some of the load. Anyway, it's something like that. You need to depend on your backfield sometimes and we haven't been able to do that of late.

It will sting if he spurns us, but I'm all in on this kid and hope he sees the merit in signing with us: fast indoor track, cool coach, P5 ACC competition, virtually assured of significant playing time and plenty of DC teammate connections.
We'll see. LGO

Same pics he took with us even holding the Heisman Trophy except he was in uniform holding ours and looks more enthused in ours. ;)
I read the same tea leaves.

I really hope this kid realizes how much more potential he has at SU.
Pitt isn’t much closer to home for him it has to be which coaching staff is more comfortable with.
I trust Dino can stress how much more he would be important at SU than at Pitt.

IMO:
I'm further removed now from feeling priviliged to compete for Robert Washington-type recruits - savior types. We are close now to regularly persuing and corraling serious talent. That's half the battle. Performance on the field is the other half. I believe landing Salahuddin is truly pivotal to the success of SU Football - especially in future recruiting efforts. If we get him it could halo to other recruiting endeavors and create a buzz and an upward trajectory in the recruiting world where the cognoscenti (sorry for the bullshh*t word) will take notice. So much of this (successful recruiting) is about perception.

Salahuddin seems like a thoughtful guy as well as a RB stud, so having him choose SU in such an informed and deliberative way speaks volumes to how far we've come. It's not like "Please come here Mr. Juggernaut RB." It's more like we've got a lot to offer so you should consider us. The only missing piece is a winning track record of late.

If we had a player of this caliber last year it might have made the difference in the NC St, FSU and Miami of Fla. games (let alone MTSU). Where our warrior QB Dungey doesn't feel he has to take the whole team on his shoulders and get battered and bruised; because he knows a Salahuddin-type player can carry some of the load. Anyway, it's something like that. You need to depend on your backfield sometimes and we haven't been able to do that of late.

It will sting if he spurns us, but I'm all in on this kid and hope he sees the merit in signing with us: fast indoor track, cool coach, P5 ACC competition, virtually assured of significant playing time and plenty of DC teammate connections.
We'll see. LGO
For a coupla weeks we were THE story in CFB after beating Clemson.
If he comes here and puts us over the top, he’ll have all the notoriety and recognition he wants.
Not saying he can’t get that at Pitt, and maybe my orange tinged-glasses are on too tight, but star RB at SU is something extra special, IMO.

If he comes here and puts us over the top, he’ll have all the notoriety and recognition he wants.
Not saying he can’t get that at Pitt, and maybe my orange tinged-glasses are on too tight, but star RB at SU is something extra special, IMO.
Pitt could counter that they beat Clemson the same year they won the NC, they've had more recent RB success, and also have a legacy of great college and pro RB's, one more recent than ours.

Ultimately, I have to believe it comes down to first, the coaching staff he feels most comfortable with and second, which team gives him the best chance to showcase himself through both opportunity and style of offense.

Last edited:

That's ok, I'll say it for you... I have zero board cred to lose. :p

He can't get that at Pitt.

Pitt could counter that they beat Clemson the same year they won the NC, they've had more recent RB success, and also have a legacy of great college and pro RB's, one more recent than ours.

Ultimately, I have to believe it comes down to first, the coaching staff he feels most comfortable and second, which team gives him the best chance to showcase himself through both opportunity and style of offense.
And and and, i would counter your counter, by pointing out that Pitt rhymes with $h1t...so there’s that! ;)

Last edited:
Pitt did not bring their football recruits to the basketball game this weekend. That says a lot, but if they did it probably would've helped us...
Education. What does he want to major in and which school has the superior program?

Both schools and football programs are equal. I would argue that ours has much more exposure because of the Dino factor. I can argue that our team is trending in the right direction. That we have the sexier O. Add Newhouse to the mix the possible blow back on the Pitt coach and A roster filled with DC kids and Cuse looks solid.

Ultimately, I have to believe it comes down to first, the coaching staff he feels most comfortable and second, which team gives him the best chance to showcase himself through both opportunity and style of offense.
I'm glad you don't host SU recruits on their official.;)

Education. What does he want to major in and which school has the superior program?
IIRC, he mentioned sports management and/or sports medicine in one of his interviews.

Pitt did not bring their football recruits to the basketball game this weekend. That says a lot, but if they did it probably would've helped us...
Is this Pitt conceding they suck and consider Cuse an L at home?

Well the crystal ball seems to be VERY Pitt. I don't put too much stock into that normally but the more recent predictions do tend to be much more accurate. Wiltfong and some other guy put in crystal ball predictions for Pitt on Friday. That doesn't seem good to me. Hoping for the best though and I'd like to see all eleven "experts" be wrong on that.

Well the crystal ball seems to be VERY Pitt. I don't put too much stock into that normally but the more recent predictions do tend to be much more accurate. Wiltfong and some other guy put in crystal ball predictions for Pitt on Friday. That doesn't seem good to me. Hoping for the best though and I'd like to see all eleven "experts" be wrong on that.

Did you mean to post this in the Salahudin thread?

Did you mean to post this in the Salahudin thread?
Doh! Sure did...
upload_2018-1-29_12-37-40.png

Do you mean Salahuddin and not Gardner? Gardner only has one prediction and it's SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom