Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honestly shocked about Michigan possibly being a player here. It just doesnt make sense to me, especially when they just picked up two top backs in the last couple weeks. I thought his best options were Cuse and TCU. Hell even Bama would be a better option than Michigan imo. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow, but I've lost a lot of confidence in the last 24 hours.

Atleast 1 clown on our board will be happy if he chooses Michigan. It'd probably come down to a brick facade or something...

Whatever way RW decides to go, I wish him nothing but success. He's a great kid who deserves great things in life. Hopefully those great things come with an Orange jersey on.

Now all the Michigan related 247 guys are picking Michigan.

Well that makes me feel better. They have been so wrong on the kids committing to Cuse lately, always picking against us, that I take it as a good sign.

For what it's worth, someone who I can't reveal but who got the info from RW himself (not RW's dad) told me a week or so ago that Michigan was a serious threat here.
ekalwozldxbgeuzpsczl.jpg

Been watching this for a while now and there is something "off" about the news the last week. Detached viewpoint tells me that we're not in a good position. We shall see.

His account was deleted. Went back into the 40's of this thread to find that nugget.

The big thing to think about is if Washington had made his decision on Syracuse while Caliluv (if he is indeed the father) was posting here.

No one seems to be mentioning Michigan lately here. Reviving a team with the prestige of Michigan would be similar (if I was a recruit) to obtaining # 44. Then you have the fact Wheatley approved the initial Syracuse offer to RW, so that relationship has been built and likely pretty constant communication. Understand the hesitation with the commits Michigan already has, but RW strikes me as a kid (and has said as much) that he doesn't mind competing and winning a job as long as there is a job to win.

I really think this is going to be between Michigan and Syracuse. Still think he has chose Syracuse.

Either way, best of luck to Washington and looking forward to tracking his rushing records!

One quick clarification on that. CaliLuv mentioned that about Wheatley, but as I posted earlier (too much here to find it now) White made the offer to RW and Wheatley was with the Bills probably 4-5 months before White was hired (brought in by McDonald)

Yea - I hadn't considered Michigan a serious contender because they just got 2 RBs, but you never know I guess.

I'm nervous about if it came down to us or Michigan though, because I bet Wheatley is pretty convincing saying why Michigan is better than SU.

- we'll hope for the best and root for the kid either way.

Not happy seeing some of this Michigan talk, but what can you do. If RW picks Michigan, so be it. They have a great history and a big-name coach. Outside of competition for PT, that is probably a better destination for any player. Hard to fault anyone if that's the choice they make.

But I still do hope that we are the choice. This would mean so much to the program and the near future.

No matter where he chooses to go, I sure hope he stays off of social media, especially if the choice isn't SU. People will be tweeting him all sorts of nasty stuff and he doesn't need to see that or deserve any of it. Better for him to enjoy his choice and move on.

Free content per Barton Simmons:

"Michigan could be in line to land 247Sports Composite four-star Robert Washington out of Huntersville (N.C.) Southlake Christian Academy. Washington's Crystal Ball currently favors Syracuse but sources have indicated that the momentum has shifted. With Michigan, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida and TCU considered the other contenders, Michigan has emerged as the only school among those other finalists that we aren't able to currently rule out and confidence remains in the Michigan camp. Accordingly, I've changed my Crystal Ball from Syracuse to Michigan."

Not happy seeing some of this Michigan talk, but what can you do. If RW picks Michigan, so be it. They have a great history and a big-name coach. Outside of competition for PT, that is probably a better destination for any player. Hard to fault anyone if that's the choice they make.

But I still do hope that we are the choice. This would mean so much to the program and the near future.

No matter where he chooses to go, I sure hope he stays off of social media, especially if the choice isn't SU. People will be tweeting him all sorts of nasty stuff and he doesn't need to see that or deserve any of it. Better for him to enjoy his choice and move on.

They also have Tyrone Wheatley. Who was the RB coach who made initial contact with him when he was at SU.

Depends on where the guy got his info from. Why would someone else in the know divulge info and ruin the kids moment again after they saw how it went earlier this week?

Did we really lose momentum? Or did the article that everyone was keying on from the PS turn out to be less than accurate? I think no one really knows outside on Mom, GF, and Robert.

Good thing #44 is still in the rafters though. We wouldn't want to go all-in or anything. We'll just save it for the next great recruit that is interested in choosing Syracuse.

This is so silly. He's had his decision for days right? So what momentum is there to gain or lose? It's just grown men speculating on the internet.

RECRUITING!

Believe it or not, despite what some people claim, some of these recruiting guys actually do have some good contacts to the kids, and University's. Unfortunately Simmons is one of them.

Free content per Barton Simmons:

"Michigan could be in line to land No links to 247 allowed on this site Composite four-star Robert Washington out of Huntersville (N.C.) Southlake Christian Academy. Washington's Crystal Ball currently favors Syracuse but sources have indicated that the momentum has shifted. With Michigan, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida and TCU considered the other contenders, Michigan has emerged as the only school among those other finalists that we aren't able to currently rule out and confidence remains in the Michigan camp. Accordingly, I've changed my Crystal Ball from Syracuse to Michigan."

So, unless my reading comprehension is off, Simmons changes his prediction to Michigan because he couldn't rule them out and Michigan likes their chances? The former is odd reasoning, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom