Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but is RW phoning it in this season? To me, going down to this low level is more proof he is solid to SU. There is nothing to prove to any other schools, so playing at a low level division takes the spotlight off of him and mitigates risk of injury.

I don't think there truly is any way to mitigate risk of injury when playing sports.

JrodCuse said:
I don't think there truly is any way to mitigate risk of injury when playing sports.

Agree. But mileage is huge for RB's. If he's not worried about proving himself, running less is a great idea.

The reasoning behind this transfer is purely so he can graduate early. He couldn't graduate early from Southlake Christian, and Mount Island Charter is in his home district and will allow him to graduate early. It's not about taking it easy this fall or anything like that. It's simply about finishing school and getting to SU as quickly as possible.

True, but going against 160 lb DE's and 140 lb linebackers may present less risk than 210 lb DE's and 190 lb linebackers. But, I could be wrong.

The reasoning behind this transfer is purely so he can graduate early. He couldn't graduate early from Southlake Christian, and Mount Island Charter is in his home district and will allow him to graduate early. It's not about taking it easy this fall or anything like that. It's simply about finishing school and getting to SU as quickly as possible.

Understood, but is Mount Island the only school in his district that will allow him to graduate early?

Understood, but is Mount Island the only school in his district that will allow him to graduate early?
I believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. But it IS the only school in his district that has his dad coaching the football team in addition to allowing him to graduate early.

EDIT: Yes, I'm told it is the only one in the district that will allow him to graduate early. And as far as the level of competition, it's on the same level that produced Todd Gurley, from what I'm also told.

I believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. But it IS the only school in his district that has his dad coaching the football team in addition to allowing him to graduate early.

EDIT: Yes, I'm told it is the only one in the district that will allow him to graduate early. And as far as the level of competition, it's on the same level that produced Todd Gurley, from what I'm also told.
And playing with his cousin, right? I am not sure why everyone is negative on this (not you Jek). The kid is basically taking himself off the market and playing for his dad for a school that will allow him to graduate early. He will also be able to be in his cousins ear all day long.

And playing with his cousin, right? I am not sure why everyone is negative on this (not you Jek). The kid is basically taking himself off the market and playing for his dad for a school that will allow him to graduate early. He will also be able to be in his cousins ear all day long.
Yeah, it's pretty clear cut really. I mean, playing with Aapri is a nice bonus, but again, the absolute prime reason for the transfer is to allow him to graduate early and get to SU for the spring semester. This is a transfer we should be HAPPY about.

Okay, thanks. I rescind my previous theory.

My thoughts were not meant to be negative. In fact, they align with your first factor - "taking himself off the market"

My thoughts were not meant to be negative. In fact, they align with your first factor - "taking himself off the market"
Well, and in a way it kind of is "taking himself off the market" because the focus is on graduating early and getting to Syracuse. So getting off the market is definitely a factor.

It's tricky. There is an awful lot that is considered "negative" lately. Very fine line on what is acceptable, or not.

will playing an easier schedule free up more time to recruit?

anomander said:
It's tricky. There is an awful lot that is considered "negative" lately. Very fine line on what is acceptable, or not.

We're a touchy fan base. 3-9 and no AD will do that ;)

And so it begins. Robert was just downgraded from a 4 star to a 3 star by Rivals. Not surprising.

And so it begins. Robert was just downgraded from a 4 star to a 3 star by Rivals. Not surprising.

HA! 20+ more offers than any other running back in the class (I think Holyfield is second most with something like 25 offers but don't quote me on that exact number) and he's a 3*. That's a joke. Honestly, I thought the posters on here sounded ridiculous with their accusations that Syracuse commits get downgraded just because but I guess you guys were right. Stars be damned, if a kid has 45+ offers, he's elite. Maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom