Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

Millhouse said:
have to be skeptical of whether k state will keep that pledge since they use those hybrid players a lot in that offense

Yep. Reeks of coaches knowing he wants RB. Quick and odd commit given his timeline.

That's because Hamilton sucks.

In all seriousness, degrees open up doors and give you access to alumni networks. It's up to the individuals to make the most of those opportunities.

That's what LinkedIn is for now :)

In all seriousness though, it's helpful to get your foot in the door. After that, you do develop your own work networks which I think supersede the alma mater links. But every link helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: CIL
That's what LinkedIn is for now :)

In all seriousness though, it's helpful to get your foot in the door. After that, you do develop your own work networks which I think supersede the alma mater links. But every link helps.

LinkedIn is fantastic

d3zlU8Y.jpg

K State is a higher profile football program right now. I know, Pinstripe Bowl in 2010 but look at it since then. Why would he go back on that to join us?

Pretty sure this ship has sailed.

He can go there and hope that they don't recruit a JUCO over him to start.

This is why you can't promise a kid you are not going to recruit another kid at his position. Until the LOI assigned, it is all hypothetical. On paper, this looks like a big loss, who knows! Washington may..or may not live up to his hype. Time to move on to another player. I am not upset about the kid de-commiting, more upset about him throwing the SU Coach under the bus. This kid has issues, the depths of which, we may never know.

Gotta think this is a huge lesson the coaches are learning and something like this won't happen again. Can't blame this one in the staff though.

Seems awfully similar to what Michigan fans had to endure when Battle decommitted in basketball. Karma can be a b*tch...

Seems awfully similar to what Michigan fans had to endure when Battle decommitted in basketball. Karma can be a b*tch...
Definitely similarities but fournately for us 1 good football player doesn't mean nearly as much as 1 good basketball player for a team.

Cuse'91 said:

Yeah - only it seems Battle is tight with his family and valued their advice. Not so due that's what's going down here.

There are no similarities at all. Battle is a 5 star 6-6 inch PG. Washington is a 3 star RB, not a 5 star QB.

That said lets keep this thread about Bryant.

How does Bryant compare to Strickland or Fredericks?

People need to stop ripping into kids just to make them feel happy......this is not middle folks.

Stop posting about their family issues as 99.99% HERE just make UP

Anyways......Is there still a legit chance or does that door seemed to be closed? I would guess that there is not much of a chance but for people that run in coaching and media circle any word????

I don't think there's a legitimate chance, to be honest. I never thought he was leaving the midwest to begin with, and especially not now that he's been committed for two months now.

How does Bryant compare to Strickland or Fredericks?

No idea I personally love Bryants tape but man Fredericks, right now I'm giddy about. hopefully his camp tapes translate to games against opposing defenses.

For Bryant i'm just going to wait and see. If he decides to visit lets go from there.

(honestly, our 3 RB recruits, plus hanging onto Neal and Harper not sure how big a priority the position is.) I'd rather go the DT route.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
No idea I personally love Bryants tape but man Fredericks, ight now I'm giddy about. hopefully his camp tapes translate to games against opposing defenses. For Bryant i'm just going to wait and see. If he decides to visit lets go from there. (honestly, our 3 RB recruitss, plus hanging onto Neal and Harper not sure how big a priority the position is.) I'd rather go the DT route.

I say add Thompson out of NJ and call it a day

I say add Thompson out of NJ and call it a day

thompson's recruitment as been dead silent. not even anything from toad (or temple/uconn). I think grades are an issue here.

if we lose Neal (which I think he'd be crazy considering how much he'll touch the ball here) but if we do then I think we should go look for another back. imho Neal is such a dynamic back, with the speed we're missing he'd be a bigger loss than RW. Would love a Bryant / Neal combo. I think we're more successful with a power back and a finesse back.

I don't think there's a legitimate chance, to be honest. I never thought he was leaving the midwest to begin with, and especially not now that he's been committed for two months now.

i didn't think he was a midwest native though and stated early on he wasn't bound by st louis. I'm with ya though, but never say never in this game and not with our recruiters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom