Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

Disagree with you here. I work for a major corp and know several individuals who graduated from K-State that are in senior positions and all are super die-hard Wildcat fanatics.
but do they know how to drink beer?

you guys think i was kidding about the 99%? I am almost positive that one time i checked in the past few years the acceptance rate was 99%. That being said, during the first yankee bowl, i sat in front of some KSU fans in the legends club and asked about the school and their rivalry with KU etc and what kind of student goes to KU vs KSU etc. They claimed that KSU had a really good vetinary school (maybe medical school?) i cant remember, and that their grads typically do really well. They were a cool group of fans.

Is this true? How the hell are they accredited if they accept 99% of applicants. Jeez, that school's degrees have to be worthless.
The kid chose to go elsewhere, but our fans feel the need to attack the school he chose. Sad.

The kid chose to go elsewhere, but our fans feel the need to attack the school he chose. Sad.
Um, I was actually asking a legit question. I was fascinated with a stat another poster gave us about Kansas State. Accreditation has to be earned be every college. I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO ILL WILL to this kid for choosing another school. I wish him nothing but the best and legitimately want him to make the NFL.

Your message doesn't contribute anything more than take a direct shot at me. If you don't like me I honestly don't know what I will do. I will be depressed and sad. There is nothing ill towards the kid in my message. Hell I put over Northwestern's academics over ours. Good job good effort.

Last edited:
Who gives a sheet about their admissions. My kstate grad friend has a great job and makes a lot of money. This kid wants to be a feature RB; and at a top 20 football school. Good for him I can't blame him.

I live in Kansas and work and am friends with several Kansas State grads (despite my best efforts). Yes, they are whiners and blamed the officials for costing them the Pinstripe Bowl when if they could have just stopped us once or twice, they could have won the game.

While it's not close to the Syracuse education, most of my K State friends don't drool all over themselves and can actually dress themselves. Kansas State does have a good engineering school, veterinary medicine program and agriculture school. Hey farmers are important - they kept my dad employed at John Deere 35 years and I like to eat also :)

As far as the acceptance rate, one of my friends said it had to do with the state of Kansas qualified admissions rules. I don't know how true that is, nor am I that interested to do deep research on it.

While I'm diehard Orange, I think Bill Snyder is one of the best coaches ever and they have an awesome game day atmosphere in Manhattan so I can see the attraction of playing there. But this one sucks, I was really hoping Tre would be orange.

Last edited:
I live in Kansas and work and am friends with several Kansas State grads (despite my best efforts). Yes, they are whiners and blamed the officials for costing them the Pinstripe Bowl when if they could have just stopped us once or twice, they could have won the game.

While it's not close to the Syracuse education, most of my K State friends don't drool all over themselves and can actually dress themselves. Kansas State does have a engineering school, veterinary medicine program and a good agriculture school. Hey farmers are important - they kept my dad employed at John Deere 35 years and I like to eat also :)

As far as the acceptance rate, one of my friends said it had to do with the state of Kansas qualified admissions rules. I don't know how true that is, nor am I that interested to do deep research on it.

While I'm diehard Orange, I think Bill Snyder is one of the best coaches ever and they have an awesome game day atmosphere in Manhattan so I can see the attraction of playing there. But this one sucks, I was really hoping Tre would be orange.
Thank you for the answer. I don't think Syracuse is elite in education after our fall this past decade. I wasn't trying to be an academic snob I went to Newhouse, but overall Syracuse is just very good not elite. When somebody said 99% acceptance rate that is crazy high and sent shockwaves thru me.
Iowa farmers do a lot of work for this country. There is no doubt Kansas State football is better than ours right now and I don't blame the kid for playing for Snyder. 99% was just obscenely high.

Also, before I get blasted for not calling Syracuse elite. By elite I mean top 25 Duke, Stanford, Northwestern, Cal-Berkley academics. We are not in that category or the Ivys. We are damn good in the top 60 with peer schools but there is nothing wrong not being top 25.

Thank you for the answer. I don't think Syracuse is elite in education after our fall this past decade. I wasn't trying to be an academic snob I went to Newhouse, but overall Syracuse is just very good not elite. When somebody said 99% acceptance rate that is crazy high and sent shockwaves thru me.
Iowa farmers do a lot of work for this country. There is no doubt Kansas State football is better than ours right now and I don't blame the kid for playing for Snyder. 99% was just obscenely high.

I didn't take you wrong at all. I agree - that does seem crazy high. University of Kansas is at 88% in 2013 and Wichita State is at 96% so maybe they do have some state guidelines that cause those results. I moved here after I already graduated from college so I wish I could shed some more light on the reasons for that, but I can't.

I was curious so I looked up Mercer's acceptance rate. 63% in 2012. They must have tightened things up after they realized I got through :)

Rocco said:
To be fair, where your degree is from doesn't mean a lick in the real world. Who you are as a person and your motivation in life means everything. It's all about working hard and busting your ass.

Yep - unless you're going Ivy or to a specific super-well known department/school - it doesn't mean much.

To be fair, where your degree is from doesn't mean a lick in the real world. Who you are as a person and your motivation in life means everything.

It's all about working hard and busting your ass.
This can't be more true. My brother went to Hamilton College, the best academic institution he was admitted to. A great college, if you're from upstate NY. He now lives in Miami, where not a single employer has ever heard of Hamilton. He may as well have graduated from kState. People don't care. It's all about what you do on your own merits post grad. I've always felt the hardest part about Harvard is getting into Harvard, which can apply to any school of your choice.

Kansas St. School of Architecture and Planning dean is a Syracuse grad. Taught at SU for 4 of the five years I was in the program.

I can't knock someone for wanting to play a different position than the one we were recruiting him for. I wish him luck unless we somehow meet KSU in a bowl game again.

Its Big 12 football.

Congrats to him, I'd be just as excited to play in the Big 12 as I would in the ACC.

Kids got dreams of being an NFL talent, not a NASA scientist.

Its Big 12 football.

Congrats to him, I'd be just as excited to play in the Big 12 as I would in the ACC.

Kids got dreams of being an NFL talent, not a NASA scientist.

The ACC puts a lot of kids into the NFL though..

95.91% acceptance rate?? that's higher than an urban public high school!

This can't be more true. My brother went to Hamilton College, the best academic institution he was admitted to. A great college, if you're from upstate NY. He now lives in Miami, where not a single employer has ever heard of Hamilton. He may as well have graduated from kState. People don't care. It's all about what you do on your own merits post grad. I've always felt the hardest part about Harvard is getting into Harvard, which can apply to any school of your choice.

That's because Hamilton sucks.

In all seriousness, degrees open up doors and give you access to alumni networks. It's up to the individuals to make the most of those opportunities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom