Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

So, Bryant has confirmed that he's being recruited as a slot/hybrid: http://recruiting.s cout.com/story/1547449

So sounds like he's angling for the same role as Moe Neal in this class.

So, Bryant has confirmed that he's being recruited as a slot/hybrid: http://recruiting.s cout.com/story/1547449

So sounds like he's angling for the same role as Moe Neal in this class.
Would we take both or do you think it is one or the other? Both guys seem like impact players and I believe could possibly see the field at the same time.

Would we take both or do you think it is one or the other? Both guys seem like impact players and I believe could possibly see the field at the same time.
I would hope there might be room for both since we need playmakers, but 1) we're targeting a LOT of WRs, and 2) RW is the only true RB we're going to sign, so that doesn't leave a lot of room for more skill position players considering we also want to add other positions, too.

in this case you take the first to commit. but i would still take two of neal, bryant and ty thompson.

in this case you take the first to commit. but i would still take two of neal, bryant and ty thompson.
I'd take all three with the understanding that only one of them will find early playing time at h-back. All three of those guys can come in and compete for time right away if they're open to playing on the other side [*cough] corner [*cough] safety...

Free Article...

http://northwestern.247sports.com/Article/Tre-Bryant-talks-Northwestern-visit-37632675

St. Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers Top247 running back Tre Bryant is a top target for Northwestern, and Pat Fitzgerald and his staff were very excited to see him in Evanston this weekend.

Bryant left equally excited about the Wildcats.

247Sports ranks Bryant as the No. 6 running back in America. Northwestern is going to have a shot to land him.

"My visit to Northwestern was amazing," Bryant said. "I really liked their focus on life after football. They also showed me how I fit perfect within their offensive system."

The 5-foot-10, 195-pound Bryant got a good feel for the coaches.

"The staff is great," he said. "Coach (Dennis) Springer is my recruiting coach and he is a down-to-earth coach. When I got a chance to speak with Coach Fitzgerald I could tell he is very passionate about the game and truly cares for all of his players. He really emphasized character and life after football.

"I got to watch film with Coach (Matt) Macpherson and he showed me how similar my high school offense is compared to Northwestern's. I feel that it would be a smooth transition from high school to Northwestern as far as plays go.

"After the visit today Northwestern is definitely high on my list."

Next up for Bryant is visits to Indiana on June 20, Syracuse on June 23 and UNLV on June 26.

"I will make a top five shortly after those visits," Bryant said.

At the recent Chicago Nike Football The Opening Regional, the 5-foot-9 1/2, 198-pounds, Bryant ran a 4.53 second 40-yard dash, a 4.0 even shuttle, a 40-foot powerball toss and a 38-3 inch vertical for a strong Nike Football Rating of 131.91

Seems like this one will almost certainly come down to whether he wants to play RB, or if he's okay with playing H-back, as far as our shot at landing him.

He's very high on syracuse. I'd be really discouraged with our staff if they can't find a spot for him. Unless he won't bend from RB, he'd be an upgrade at several positions and is an top notch P5 level athlete.

He's very high on syracuse. I'd be really discouraged with our staff if they can't find a spot for him. Unless he won't bend from RB, he'd be an upgrade at several positions and is an top notch P5 level athlete.
I agree - but he won't be brought in to play RB. The promise was made to RW that he'd be the only one in this class. It's not a good idea to piss off your highest profile recruit.

I agree - but he won't be brought in to play RB. The promise was made to RW that he'd be the only one in this class. It's not a good idea to piss off your highest profile recruit.
Agreed. We need to find a way to bring in Bryant though. Just promise to make him a playmaker who could see his touches in a variety of ways, like a Percy Harvin type, some rushes, some receptions, some return opportunities, some swing passes... Just put the ball in his hands in space.

I'm very curious to know how many H-Backs we are trying to bring in. I can't imagine more than 1-2. So that makes me wonder if it's an either/or with Bryant and Neal, in which case I have to assume we'd wait to find out about Neal.

I'm very curious to know how many H-Backs we are trying to bring in. I can't imagine more than 1-2. So that makes me wonder if it's an either/or with Bryant and Neal, in which case I have to assume we'd wait to find out about Neal.
I have to think even if that's the plan, we have spots for "guys to good not to take" and I'd expect Bryant would fall into that category.

I'd hope we'd have room for both...between injuries, guys available who are dynamic to return kicks, etc, it never hurts to have some quality depth at positions.

Could be very interesting. Has he actually mentioned a decision date? I can't remember.

Bryant, and Neal would jump start the rest of the recruiting, make some of the others realize this is the place to go.

How many h-backs are we taking? If we take Bryant do we still take Neal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom