Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

Was it previously known that he had an offer?

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Analyis-of-new-Syracuse-RB-commit-28179900

Running backTyrone Perkins(Locust Valley, N.Y./Friends Academy) became the first Syracuse football commit for the 2015 cycle when he pledged to the Orange on Wednesday. After reviewing his film, the Orange may have gotten themselves a steal. Perkins is a great athlete (also a standout basketball player) and a natural running back with good feet and vision. He has been given an initial rating of 88 by 247Sports, which is a high 3-star, but as we learn more about him, he could move up. Excellent pick-up.

http:// .com/Bolt/Analyis-of-new-Syracuse-RB-commit-28179900

Running backTyrone Perkins(Locust Valley, N.Y./Friends Academy) became the first Syracuse football commit for the 2015 cycle when he pledged to the Orange on Wednesday. After reviewing his film, the Orange may have gotten themselves a steal. Perkins is a great athlete (also a standout basketball player) and a natural running back with good feet and vision. He has been given an initial rating of 88 by , which is a high 3-star, but as we learn more about him, he could move up. Excellent pick-up.

Oh
my
god

Happy feelings.

BiuBsAxCcAA6uPN.jpg:large

http:// .com/Bolt/Analyis-of-new-Syracuse-RB-commit-28179900

Running backTyrone Perkins(Locust Valley, N.Y./Friends Academy) became the first Syracuse football commit for the 2015 cycle when he pledged to the Orange on Wednesday. After reviewing his film, the Orange may have gotten themselves a steal. Perkins is a great athlete (also a standout basketball player) and a natural running back with good feet and vision. He has been given an initial rating of 88 by , which is a high 3-star, but as we learn more about him, he could move up. Excellent pick-up.

what service is this?

If he goes to a Friends (Quaker) school, he's almost certainly an excellent student. Hak graduated from a Friends school. Think he did a little something for us on the Hill...

Upon watching his film, for some reason (and I don't know why because I haven't seen his game film in a long time), Perkin's running style reminded me of Terrell Davis and the way he used to run.

Welcome to Syracuse Mr. Perkins!

Kids a football player and if it's rb or lb it doesn't matter to me as long as he's talented and has the grades.

RF2044 said:
Well, we needed depth at RB. This is a good start. I'm guessing we bring in 2 RBs this class. Nice to get a commit to break the ice on the class of 2015. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling and be the first of a couple of commits on Spring Game weekend! Let's Go Orange!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in 3.

Thoughts from those around the area? Talent he is going against makes the tape hard to judge because it looks almost JV level. No disrespect just my opinion
I was thinking the same thing.

from the bball report it looks like he played in the class C final four at glens falls this year. so that could explain why he looks dominate in the film.

I'd be curious to hear sutomcat weigh in--he generally has his finger on the pulse of NYS prospects.
Okay, here are my thoughts:

Friends Academy is a small school (379 kids in the HS) in the Northwestern area of Long Island, near Glencove. It is the only independent school that competes in the Nassau County Public High School Athletic Association. Like other private institutions, they tend to have some strong sports teams. In the last 5 years, they have won 2 state championships in basketball, 3 in boys soccer, 1 in girls soccer, 4 in women's rowing, etc.

Looks to me as though they are in the conference for the smallest schools in Nassau County, Conference 4, with schools like Carle Place, Clarke, Cold Spring and East Rockaway. To be fair, that conference also includes schools like Malverne, Manhasset and Roosevelt that have had some great players in the past. But the overall level of competition is not high, and I think you can see it on the film.

That being said, the kid has size and speed. Really like his balance, vision and the smoothness of his cuts. Looks like he has good hands too. He has the ability to be a full featured back, but with his size, he could also move to WR, CB, S or even LB. But I think he is going to stick as a RB.

Lastly, I really like that he is a terrific basketball player. That translates well for football, if you look at it, there is a strong pattern of success in football for players who played football and basketball at a high level in HS. That includes a lot of the best players we have ever had here, including Vic Hanson, Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Donovan McNabb, Rob Moore, Mike Williams and Terrel Hunt.

Not a lacrosse fan?

Even for football they gave us James Wyche, Clifton Smith, Jerry Mackey as well his famous relative John Mackey. Rob Welsh and Devante Mac from this team as well.

I lived in LI for a few years the competition is quite good. D'Brickashaw Ferguson is from LI (Freeport) as well. And for basketball, Tobias Harris is from Half Hollow Hills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom