Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

I think that is why the discussions stay here. There are quite a large collection of posters who never have anything positive to say about anything regarding the program. When anyone attempts to make a post that might even have a hint of a positive tone to it, the positive post & poster is swarmed by negativity from a regular group of posters.

I understand that the program has been very low in the recent past, and it has bounced around as a lower level p5 program. I also understand how a person can become cynical toward perceived improvement, without hard evidence. However, I really wonder why some of those posters are even fans of the program, when they don't really have anything good to say about it. Where is the optimism that is typically related to college sports?

Maybe it is just me, but I always thought that one of the things that made college sports so much fun to enjoy, is the eternal optimism of being a fan and having new kids come in and make an impact. Every year, teams make big improvements, so it is always possible. Roughly 20-25% of a football team changes in any given year. This makes every team it's own entity.

I spent enough years in a pessimistic environment, and I have consciously made a decision to live whatever future years I have left in an optimistic environment. Because of this, I spend very little time on the football board anymore, because the repetitive pessimism is an emotional drag. I think this conversation is perfectly fine on this board.

I also know that the haters will storm over hear in an epic swarm of pessimism and shout this post down, but so be it.
Here's my thing (and I agree with you here): if you can't be positive about the prospects of your team in JULY then you are just a sour person by nature, and will never enjoy an ounce of optimism in your life.

I think that is why the discussions stay here. There are quite a large collection of posters who never have anything positive to say about anything regarding the program. When anyone attempts to make a post that might even have a hint of a positive tone to it, the positive post & poster is swarmed by negativity from a regular group of posters.

I understand that the program has been very low in the recent past, and it has bounced around as a lower level p5 program. I also understand how a person can become cynical toward perceived improvement, without hard evidence. However, I really wonder why some of those posters are even fans of the program, when they don't really have anything good to say about it. Where is the optimism that is typically related to college sports?

Maybe it is just me, but I always thought that one of the things that made college sports so much fun to enjoy, is the eternal optimism of being a fan and having new kids come in and make an impact. Every year, teams make big improvements, so it is always possible. Roughly 20-25% of a football team changes in any given year. This makes every team it's own entity.

I spent enough years in a pessimistic environment, and I have consciously made a decision to live whatever future years I have left in an optimistic environment. Because of this, I spend very little time on the football board anymore, because the repetitive pessimism is an emotional drag. I think this conversation is perfectly fine on this board.

I also know that the haters will storm over hear in an epic swarm of pessimism and shout this post down, but so be it.

I think as a group those of us who post on this forum tend to be more optimistic. Also I enjoy posting about these recruits and commits. I hope that by doing so it allows us to get to know them better. To humanize them so that we are less critical. That's why this cycle it has been so much fun having John, Steve and Kelly post on here about their kids recruitment. We have really gotten a chance to "know" Shy, Steven and Trey.

And y'all can keep on posting on the threads of the committed kids. Fall camp hasn't started yet. That is usually when I stop following them. For the most part the class is still separated in most activities from the team.

My preference out of those would be: RB: Strickland, Washington, Fredericks, Morris, McFarlane HB: Erv, Neal, Lewis (actually rather see him at WR, but no room) Stubbs CB: Estime SS: Perkins

I'm most interested to see how Custis and Enoicy are used. Will they be TE at times, or WR's. We actually have an advantage with their size, hopefully Lester can find a way to utilize it.

Seems like both have been practicing at WR right? Obviously they both played there in the spring game. Wouldn't think either are moving to TE just beginning in summer practice would they?
But I would love to hear Enoicy has gained 10-15 more lbs and is playing TE. Would really maximize the weapons on the field every play. Like Paris as more of the traditional TE that can also catch as well but having Enoicy's height, speed and catching radius at TE would be awesome. Him with tons of LB match ups would be a major advantage. Don't think he gets many LB matches if he plays WR.

My preference out of those would be: RB: Strickland, Washington, Fredericks, Morris, McFarlane HB: Erv, Neal, Lewis (actually rather see him at WR, but no room) Stubbs CB: Estime SS: Perkins

I'm most interested to see how Custis and Enoicy are used. Will they be TE at times, or WR's. We actually have an advantage with their size, hopefully Lester can find a way to utilize it.
And Estime to CB is interesting. I certainly don't want to see him wasted at WR not getting much run but I don't see that happening. We need somebody playing who threatens to break it open and has the speed to keep everyone honest. If he is healthy I think he could be very important. He has the physical abilities to play CB but with only two years left I'm not sure what we'd get out of him. I wouldn't think too much this year anyway.

Here's my thing (and I agree with you here): if you can't be positive about the prospects of your team in JULY then you are just a sour person by nature, and will never enjoy an ounce of optimism in your life.
Unfortunately we have a number of fans who fit that description, the next good thing they say will be the first. I turn 69 on Tuesday, have seen the good, and bad of Syracuse sports, but I still look forward to each new season.

I can see your point The other board is just so negative. I don't even think the team was bad last year. They just were the victim of a lot of injuries , a terrible schedule and a bad OC. I actually think the team was better than the year before despite the record

baggerbob said:
Unfortunately we have a number of fans who fit that description, the next good thing they say will be the first. I turn 69 on Tuesday, have seen the good, and bad of Syracuse sports, but I still look forward to each new season.

Happy Birthday, few days early ;),

CbusCuse said:
Seems like both have been practicing at WR right? Obviously they both played there in the spring game. Wouldn't think either are moving to TE just beginning in summer practice would they?
But I would love to hear Enoicy has gained 10-15 more lbs and is playing TE. Would really maximize the weapons on the field every play. Like Paris as more of the traditional TE that can also catch as well but having Enoicy's height, speed and catching radius at TE would be awesome. Him with tons of LB match ups would be a major advantage. Don't think he gets many LB matches if he plays WR.

Definately agree it woild be great to here AE is up 10-15 to pass catching TE position size. I think he meant more that they will come out as a WR and run routes as WR but line up tight occasionally as the 2nd and 3rd TE disguising our looks and creating mismatches. Defenses will need to keep 9 in the box matching these two against LBs. Both played TE and WR in HS. We may run some out of that set too and they are both big and fast enough to be good blockers especially on speedy off tackle, outside runs and jet sweeps to the HB.

Anyone remember the Jags calling Denard Robinson the OW (offensive weapon) on their depth chart? Thats our H-back!!

I put a couple of posters on "ignore" yesterday for that very reason. The team is 0-0 right now. It's still, "Anything Can Happen Day" at this point. We haven't lost a game. We haven't made poor in game decisions. The injuries haven't hit. Let's just look forward to this year. Last year is over. With some posters, it's not that they don't see the glass as half full or half empty, they'll try to convince you that there isn't even a glass to begin with.

Id like to see AE at 215 and just a beast on the outside for DBs to handle. It's seriously impressive when we run into wide receivers like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom