Class of 2024 - RB Yasin Willis (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/10/23) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 RB Yasin Willis (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/10/23)

Yasin looks like the complete package. Day 1 starter in my opinion.

Would have to go back to Delone Carter 5-10 215, Walter Reyes 5-10 213, or Rhodes 6-0 213 for a back that big who moves that well.

Yasin at 6-3 218 is bigger and looks to have a better combination of speed and power.

We haven’t had a back rated this high since Reyes, Rhodes and Carter and Yasin is rated higher than all of them. #1 in NJ and the #12 RB in the country. Might have to go back to Mungro and Brinkley

Reyes 5-10 213
was rated the No. 2 running back and No. 26 overall recruit in the Midwest by PrepStar ... SuperPrep All-American and All-Midwest ... Rated the top running back in Ohio by Tom Lemming ... Ranked the 23rd-best running back in the nation by The Sporting News

Rhodes 6-0 213
Prep Star Dream Team selection … SuperPrep All-American and rated as the No. 28 running back by the publication … Rated as the fourth-best player in New York by SuperPrep … 2001 PrepStar All-American

Carter 5-10 215
SuperPrep All-American … Ranked the No. 29 prospect in Ohio and 55th-best running back in the country by … Ranked the 25th-best running back in the nation and 29th-best prospect in the Midwest by SuperPrep … Earned 2005 Ohio Mr. Football honors

Mungro 5-10 212
Parade and Street & Smith All-American, All-USA in 1996 ... Pennsylvania Player of the Year as a junior ...

Brinkley 5-9 203
Rated No. 20 prep school prospect for 2005 by … 2003 PrepStar All-American … 2003 Pennsylvania Class AAAA Offensive Player of the Year … Ranked the 12th-best running back in the nation by … Rated No. 64 among prospects in the Atlantic East region by rivals.
Any idea what Ferri was rated? I remember it being a big deal we got him and Reyes in the same class.

Last edited:
Only Cecil Howard and Johnnie Morant were higher (.9920 and .9871)
I wonder how that translated to his ranking. That has to be higher than the other guys listed in the post I responded to. It's crazy to think we had him and Reyes at the same time and that Reyes was good enough to make him change positions.

It's also crazy to think Cecil Howard rated that high. If it was the '70's maybe, but in the 21st century a QB has to throw.

I wonder how that translated to his ranking. That has to be higher than the other guys listed in the post I responded to. It's crazy to think we had him and Reyes at the same time and that Reyes was good enough to make him change positions.

It's also crazy to think Cecil Howard rated that high. If it was the '70's maybe, but in the 21st century a QB has to throw.
From what I found they were the top 3 ranked since the 2000s
Ross and KJE who just signed with us are in the top ten now
No of the other guys listed ranked in the top 25

Seeing mostly N/As in the time period of those other guys, I don't think they need as many rankings back then

Any idea what Ferri was rated? I remember it being a big deal we got him and Reyes in the same class.

I remember that some thought that Walter was the best RB in Ohio and Diamond the best in Massachusetts and a third guy we were also after was the best guy in Connecticut and maybe we could get all there. The Connecticut went to Iowa and I think this is him:

I think we got the best two.

I remember that some thought that Walter was the best RB in Ohio and Diamond the best in Massachusetts and a third guy we were also after was the best guy in Connecticut and maybe we could get all there. The Connecticut went to Iowa and I think this is him:

I think we got the best two.
Yeah it was kind of a big thing at the time too because Ohio St came and took Sam Maldonado out of NY who was 5star top 3 rb in the country and we took one of top rb’s (less heralded ofcourse) out of Ohio. Reyes then went on to have the much better career.

Yeah it was kind of a big thing at the time too because Ohio St came and took Sam Maldonado out of NY who was 5star top 3 rb in the country and we took one of top rb’s (less heralded ofcourse) out of Ohio. Reyes then went on to have the much better career.

The only one of the four to play in the pros:
Diamond Ferri Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Nobody knows nuttin'.

I thought Maldonado and Ferri were in the same class and Reyes the year after? I remember Diamond had to leave school for a year I think due to grades but he and Walter graduated the same year. Unless Walter redshirted but I didn’t think he did.

I thought Maldonado and Ferri were in the same class and Reyes the year after? I remember Diamond had to leave school for a year I think due to grades but he and Walter graduated the same year. Unless Walter redshirted but I didn’t think he did.

Not sure about Maldonado but Reyes and Ferri were definately in the same class with Lewis. We were recruiting them all at once.

Not sure about Maldonado but Reyes and Ferri were definately in the same class with Lewis. We were recruiting them all at once.
Yeah then Walter must have redshirted. Yeah I remember something about one of them playing as a frosh and one redshirting and then Diamond missed the year. That’s right.

Yeah then Walter must have redshirted. Yeah I remember something about one of them playing as a frosh and one redshirting and then Diamond missed the year. That’s right.

Reyes actually played from 2001-04:

Ferri actually played in 2000-2001 and 2003-04:

Lewis played in 2002-04:

I know they all came out in the same year so your scenario fits. The year must have bene for the 2000 season. Reyes and Lewis must have redshirted. Ferri, (perhaps because they needed him at D-back he may have been pressed into service at RB), did not. Lewis must have been injured in 2001 and Ferri in 2002. They all finished up in 2004. Now that we've got that cleared up, we can return to the present. :oops::rolleyes:

Yasin posted this on his Instagram. Wonder if this was one of the Pitt coaches lol
CE8DACD5-4D48-4A85-994B-762D4CF451EF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
These agents are going to be very important moving forward. This guy Kinsler is from NJ and reps Willis and Emanuel Ross.
We had a player Latarie Kindler during Marrone years - wonder if there is a relation there

Reyes actually played from 2001-04:

Ferri actually played in 2000-2001 and 2003-04:

Lewis played in 2002-04:

I know they all came out in the same year so your scenario fits. The year must have bene for the 2000 season. Reyes and Lewis must have redshirted. Ferri, (perhaps because they needed him at D-back he may have been pressed into service at RB), did not. Lewis must have been injured in 2001 and Ferri in 2002. They all finished up in 2004. Now that we've got that cleared up, we can return to the present. :oops::rolleyes:
Jermelle was solid at Iowa for a year or two then had ankle issues.

I ended up playing semi pro ball with him for a year or two in iowa.

Had the same issues.

Last edited:
Interesting article with Willis. Staff has told him they want to run 2 RB sets more. Would definitely compliment Allen's pass-catching to have a power runner like Willis.
21/22 personnel with McCord, Yasin/LQA in the backfield, Villari and/or Gadsden at TE and Meeks or Zeed outside ... BOL to the defense!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom