Reasons for optimism heading into the 2015 season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Reasons for optimism heading into the 2015 season

I remember some great trick plays being called in those situations you mentioned and I want to make clear that I do not hate the idea of using trick plays in advantageous situations, but we were talking about what makes us optimistic heading into this season. For me, you can't employ a trick play if you have no consistent offense. I guess I want to see that from Lester before I am excited about his possible use of trickery. So I guess we were just looking at it from a slightly different angle.
Trick plays can work if the team constantly practices them and becomes confident in the execution. A team with a reputation for successful trick plays can keep the other team off balance. Remember "Beamer Ball" in its hay day? Syracuse punter just KNEW that a punt blocker was going to get him.

19. I hear the incoming class of tuba players is one of the best in the country. It was desperately needed.

S*out has two of them rated as 4 stars, and another trending. Can't always score the best like Buckeye State, but a very solid incoming class. Now, if we could just get the trombone section up to snuff...

My reason for optimism: Whenever I have very low expectations, SU generally does better than I think they will do. The exception of course was the GROB era, cant say I saw that Akron loss coming...

Because it's a new year and everybody starts undefeated! Plus everyone is healthy now - knock on wood! Please stay healthy Terrel, Ashton, Brisly and Steve Ishmeal!

27 We don't have a home game/loss scheduled at MetLife vs a superior opponent with 10x as many fans in stands as we do

I read that as pretty much announcing that Hunt IS in fact Optimus Prime. Thought perhaps I was the only one to read it as such.
That would make AJ Long into Hot Rod, and once Hunt graduates AJ will become Rodimus Prime.

Yup. That series of posts just happened.

That would make AJ Long into Hot Rod, and once Hunt graduates AJ will become Rodimus Prime.

Yup. That series of posts just happened.

You got the touch. You got the power...

Also, that movie came out In 86. We all know what Cuse football spent the following year doing and how it didn't involve losing.

31. T Hunt plays himself into a 5th round draft pick enroute to 8 wins, 3147 yards passing 19 tds 8 int 547 yards rushing with 6 tds.

northacuse said:
Wasn't he supposed to do that the past three years?

Optimism means you think he might finally put it together...

32.In Ishm we have our first true number one reciever who will demand attention.

Optimism means you think he might finally put it together...

Didn't mean to sound like I was taking a shot at the kid... I think most of his perceived underachievement seems to be the fact that the coaching staff doesn't seem to know where to use him to utilize his talents to the fullest.

northacuse said:
Didn't mean to sound like I was taking a shot at the kid... I think most of his perceived underachievement seems to be the fact that the coaching staff doesn't seem to know where to use him to utilize his talents to the fullest.

I hear ya. I was more speaking to the thread being about optimism. That view of Ashton has him finally realizing his potential...

I agree with you completely about the coaching staff. I think he's also not wanting to play D? Which might have limited his potential.

Where do u sit Tony?

Section 130, one of the back rows--quick and convenient access to the beer vendors and my beloved pee troughs. Can't complain about the sight lines, either.