Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

Maybe the smart thing to do is have a small recruiting class the team is built to win now. Might be advantageous to save scholarship money for next year a successful 2024 season might open a lot more doors to higher end recruits or portal opportunities.

Maybe the smart thing to do is have a small recruiting class the team is built to win now. Might be advantageous to save scholarship money for next year a successful 2024 season might open a lot more doors to higher end recruits or portal opportunities.

For whatever it’s worth, SU added a top 50 player last year, post October 1st in Matthew McIntee, and also an additional 4 star player in Owen O’Farrell. If they had recruits on campus this past weekend I assume they are still looking to add. There are still some good players out there.

Are these kids at ND paying their own way? How can you possibly divide 12.6 'ships between all these players?

Also, this must have been expected and I assume that's it for Notre Dame this cycle.
Some of these guys were always going to ND no matter what.

Lynch has a brother on the team. Mullahey has two cousins on the team (the Kavanaghs). IL did an article on Lally that mentioned that ND was his dream school.

Ya this has been a lock for months no idea what took so long.
it took this long because it wasnt a lock

heard from somebody close to the situation in mid september after he wrapped up visits he was leaning toward staying in state. it's not a surprise hes ending up in charlottesville but it wasnt a forgone conclusion either. the top recruit doesnt take a full month to decide unless hes struggling to make a call

Some of these guys were always going to ND no matter what.

Lynch has a brother on the team. Mullahey has two cousins on the team (the Kavanaghs). IL did an article on Lally that mentioned that ND was his dream school.

This ^, much like the #1 guy Milion to UVA today some of these commits are baked in and been a foregone conclusion for months. Doesn't give SU a pass on this years class but it should be considered on some recruits.

heard from somebody close to the situation in mid september after he wrapped up visits he was leaning toward staying in state. it's not a surprise hes ending up in charlottesville but it wasnt a forgone conclusion either. the top recruit doesnt take a full month to decide unless hes struggling to make a call

Not doubting your sources but Spallina took three weeks himself and in retrospect it was always going to be Syracuse. Maybe he wavered a bit but I find it unlikely he was gonna end up anywhere but UVA.

Does indeed sound like it was a difficult decision. Personally I thought they were dragging this out for attention reasons, but have to imagine he was still getting a ton of pressure from top schools, despite his brother’s current location. UVA now has 2x Millons, Colsey, Dunkel, Sean Browne (5 star), and three other four star attackmen over the next three years. I’m guessing some will be moved to midfield but that’s still a lot of mouths to feed.

Does indeed sound like it was a difficult decision. Personally I thought they were dragging this out for attention reasons, but have to imagine he was still getting a ton of pressure from top schools, despite his brother’s current location. UVA now has 2x Millons, Colsey, Dunkel, Sean Browne (5 star), and three other four star attackmen over the next three years. I’m guessing some will be moved to midfield but that’s still a lot of mouths to feed.

Ya there will inevitably be transfers, gonna be impossible to get everyone on the field. As it is the younger Colsey redshirted last year and doesn't look like he's anywhere close to getting on the field.

Interesting that UVA took over Notre Dame for the top spot in the rankings. I guess having the number one recruit counts for quite a bit.

UVA has the following commitments - #1, #5, #13, #31, #36, #46, plus two additional four stars.
Notre Dame has #8, #15, #17, #19, #22, #25, #33, #48 plus three additional 4 stars.

Duke has three top 11 commits, plus three other top 50 recruits and one additional four star.
UNC has three top 12 commits, plus three other top 50 recruits and three additional four stars.

I would kind of think that quantity like Notre Dame's might give them the upper hand, but apparently IL's list works to give quality over quantity. I am guessing that if Merrill choses one of the above ACC schools, they will most likely become the top class.

Side note, interesting that Hopkins made Millon's top 3. Given that his mom went to Maryland, I thought they might be one of the finalists.

Last thing, SU stands at #13 right now, I am guessing mostly due to Hahn's commitment. If they can land a couple more four star players, seems like they could enter the top 10. The teams immediately in front of them (Hopkins, Ohio State and Michigan) all have double digit recruits, while SU only has six.

So who’s left for SU to grab.
Someone said Gait was at the Clemson game with recruits, do we know anything. Most likely to come?

Are there any more New York 4 stars?
#34 Matt Triolo, attack from John Glenn, is still uncommitted.
Danny Kolin a midfielder at Manhasset is still uncommitted

Are there any more New York 4 stars?

Limiting to 4 or 5 stars, all from Long Island -

Gary Merrill - Midfield - St. Anthony's
Danny Kolin - Midfield - Manhassett
Matthew Triolo - Attack - John Glenn

There are few three stars from CNY -

Iggy LoMedico - Midfield - Baldwinsville
Brady Garcia - Midfield - Baldwinsville
Dylan Garcia - Attack - Midfield
Luke Patchen - Midfield - Jamesville Dewitt

There goes Triolo

Well that’s legitimately surprising. Destination wise I mean. Wonder if Syracuse was actively pursuing him? Not sure if SU was desperate for a left handed attackman but sure feels like they need to bring in some attackmen.

Have Brett Bucktooth Jr, Anderson and O’Farrell next year, but none for this class. Are they counting on Jameson Bucktooth? Jack Frers and Jake Meyers are the only four star attackmen left in this class.

With Spallina, Leo, Deere and Anderson all in the fold as this class enters their freshman year perhaps the staff isn’t so concerned about the position. Still feels a bit worrisome though.

Well that’s legitimately surprising. Destination wise I mean. Wonder if Syracuse was actively pursuing him? Not sure if SU was desperate for a left handed attackman but sure feels like they need to bring in some attackmen.

Have Brett Bucktooth Jr, Anderson and O’Farrell next year, but none for this class. Are they counting on Jameson Bucktooth? Jack Frers and Jake Meyers are the only four star attackmen left in this class.

With Spallina, Leo, Deere and Anderson all in the fold as this class enters their freshman year perhaps the staff isn’t so concerned about the position. Still feels a bit worrisome though.
I heard from a close friend of Jameson that once Jameson gets the credits needed he's coming to Cuse.

I heard from a close friend of Jameson that once Jameson gets the credits needed he's coming to Cuse.
I didn’t want to speculate, but it would make no sense for him to go elsewhere. My largest hope is he gets good grades and comes a year early as a sophomore…

Rumors on FanLax of Merrill to Virginia, though can't find any confirmation. Anyone hear anything?

Rumors on FanLax of Merrill to Virginia, though can't find any confirmation. Anyone hear anything?

Haven't heard anything but would make sense UVA was one of the teams he was high on along with Maryland and Duke I believe.

Maryland hasn't gotten a St.Anthony's kid in a long time and has 4 offensive midfielders in this recruiting class, so I'm not holding my breath.