Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

2026 class in Upstate NY is VERY good, so that could be a strategy. Will be tough as its been the past few years to keep these kids local, but there are very good players Upstate.

Chris Doshna - Marcellus
Nick Rayfield - Marcellus
Nash Oudemool - West Genesee
Cooper Moore - Irondequoit
Avery Valenti - Pittsford
AJ Theodorkakos - Penfield

Thats just to name a few but those are for sure ACC level players. They all play on the coveted Sweetlax 2026 team.

they might have wanted it to be a smaller class but i highly doubt there was a strategy beyond that. they missed out on a bunch of guys this year...it happens. if they win in 24 they will have a better recruiting season next fall. recruits need to see that cuse stands a chance against the recent acc powers...

they might have wanted it to be a smaller class but i highly doubt there was a strategy beyond that. they missed out on a bunch of guys this year...it happens. if they win in 24 they will have a better recruiting season next fall. recruits need to see that cuse stands a chance against the recent acc powers...
This all day, not too much more to it than this. Have a good 2024 season with a bit of a run in the tournament, and recruit the 2026’s hard in upstate/LI is the best we can all hope for to right the ship.

I think he was able to take RS in 2021 even though Princeton doesn't recognize it.

Confirmation from IL that English does have another year of eligibility, after this one. Would be great if he were to come back in '25. Piece doesn't come out and say he will be back for certain (like it does for Jake Taylor), but if he's dedicated to work on his MBA at SU, one would think he would play lacrosse if he can. We shall see.

"Syracuse graduate transfer and former Princeton middie Sam English has two seasons of eligibility remaining while working on his MBA."

Additionally, IL has Jake Stevens as the eighth pick in the PLL Draft, which isn't for a while.

8. Archers: Jake Stevens, M, Syracuse/Princeton — Other than the Ivy League Tournament title game win in which he scored five goals, Jake Stevens wasn’t called upon to be as big of a party-starter as his other two linemates during their undergrad playing days, providing a huge boost on both ends and on wings. He’s primed to be an absolute force as a two-way middie at the next level, though. His selection would create quite the two-way corps alongside Tre Leclaire and Challen Rogers.

Confirmation from IL that English does have another year of eligibility, after this one. Would be great if he were to come back in '25. Piece doesn't come out and say he will be back for certain (like it does for Jake Taylor), but if he's dedicated to work on his MBA at SU, one would think he would play lacrosse if he can. We shall see.

"Syracuse graduate transfer and former Princeton middie Sam English has two seasons of eligibility remaining while working on his MBA."

Additionally, IL has Jake Stevens as the eighth pick in the PLL Draft, which isn't for a while.

8. Archers: Jake Stevens, M, Syracuse/Princeton — Other than the Ivy League Tournament title game win in which he scored five goals, Jake Stevens wasn’t called upon to be as big of a party-starter as his other two linemates during their undergrad playing days, providing a huge boost on both ends and on wings. He’s primed to be an absolute force as a two-way middie at the next level, though. His selection would create quite the two-way corps alongside Tre Leclaire and Challen Rogers.

Ya I definitely wouldn't lock him in for 2 years but it's good to know it's an option.

What's the deal with Merrill? Does he pick a school before November?

debacle for rutgers that theyre now losing players to lafayette

This is a disaster class for them, zero 5 or high4 stars and pretty much 0 for NJ. Their in major trouble next year when they lose the grad transfers and Scott.

This may be a dumb question but are most of the kids who haven’t verbaled yet still waiting on offers or are they still weighing their options? It strikes me as a bit surprising that a four star player is Lafayette bound at this juncture (no offense Leopards). Did IL just miss on their evaluation? There are six four stars left (plus Merrill). Just curious what is taking so long?

This may be a dumb question but are most of the kids who haven’t verbaled yet still waiting on offers or are they still weighing their options? It strikes me as a bit surprising that a four star player is Lafayette bound at this juncture (no offense Leopards). Did IL just miss on their evaluation? There are six four stars left (plus Merrill). Just curious what is taking so long?
They’re 15 years old.

SU alum named head coach at Don Bosco. Other names I’m sure have come from there but one is Kolton Marquis of Hopkins/Northman.

Wasn't Beardsley just coaching there?

A kid from Pittsford just committed to Lafayette too. He's playing at Andover.

Can someone tell me what Hilltop is?

Hill Top is a dad club run by a guy in Pittsford. Has kids from all over, mostly prep school kids and a number of local Rochester kids that play for 3d Upstate.