Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

Yes, schools almost always let a commit out of his NIL at this juncture.
that'd be surprising to me, but not like i follow it micro-closely. are you aware of many examples? def something they SHOULD do, especially as in their future years... many $$ are pulled away from athletes depending on the sport. i'd also be surprised if it were granted with another acc school in play.

maybe related, one of IL's 'cuse recruits now showing decommitted on their personal timeline, but no date attached to it.

that'd be surprising to me, but not like i follow it micro-closely. are you aware of many examples? def something they SHOULD do, especially as in their future years... many $$ are pulled away from athletes depending on the sport. i'd also be surprised if it were granted with another acc school in play.

maybe related, one of IL's 'cuse recruits now showing decommitted on their personal timeline, but no date attached to it.

Who is it? I just checked the site and didn’t see anyone decommitted, though I could have missed it.

Very weird timing given signing day was a month ago. But they are still high school kids so I guess nothing should surprise. All in all a very weird system.

Yeah it says decommitted but no date.. if he is the one.. and looks like he is.. best of luck to him.. of all the kids in that class I fell he would have the hardest time getting on the field with everyone ahead of him

Yeah it says decommitted but no date.. if he is the one.. and looks like he is.. best of luck to him.. of all the kids in that class I fell he would have the hardest time getting on the field with everyone ahead of him

Tried to check real quick but couldn't find it. Can you link it if you don't wanna give the name?

I recall there's usually one or two a year of guys who want out after the fact. I know Hop had one last year I know SU has let out a few kids before etc. It's rare for sure but I can't recall the last time a kid wanted out and the school refused.

10. Payton Anderson | A/M | Brunswick (Conn.) | Prime Time | Syracuse
No. 5 Attackman in the 2024 Class
Anderson is one of the most athletic, versatile and dynamic players in the entire class. He fills a lefty wing roll extremely well, where he embraces physicality as a dodger and is lethal off a rollback. As a dodger, he does a great job of getting topside and demanding the middle of the field either working with a pick or by himself just squaring up and attacking. Part Anderson's appeal as a prospect is his versatility between attack and midfield. Though at his best working on the wing and demanding the middle of the field, he is an effective alley dodger and already functions best above the goal, indicating that he could make a full-time switch to midfield at the college level should that be the Orange's largest need. While it’s possible that his role is likely to be defined more by need than anything else early in his career, his skillset combined with his athleticism has him labeled as a player in the 2024 class with an incredibly high ceiling.

50. Matt McIntee | M | East Islip (N.Y) | Legacy | Syracuse
No. 17 Midfielder in the 2024 Class

In addition to the updated ILPreps Top 50, we are excited to include an additional 50 player Watchlist from the Class of 2024. These players are well-positioned to be included in the class's final Power 100 rankings.

Attack:
Owen O'Farrell

Midfield:
Koby White

LSM/Defense:
Vincent Bologino
Dillon Stephens

FWIW Matt Jeffery and Nikolas Melendnez jumped over Ryan Duenkel for top spots in the rankings.

IMG_4638.jpeg

And this is Ferguson post today..he’s still listed as decommitted on IL so they must be wrong

Hey does anyone have the link or info on the team recruiting rankings for last year and this season. I know it was posted somewhere previously but wanted to review it again.

Quick mentions of SU recruits Dillon Stephens and Cam Ryan in the IL High School Top 25 (for public schools).

10. Victor - Senior defenders Cameron Ryan (Syracuse) and JT Werkmeister (Bryant) represent some of the highest end talent on the Blue Devil roster.

11. New Canaan - This is as loaded of a high school defense as it gets, regardless of public school vs. private. The group is headlined by senior Dillon Stephens (Syracuse), who has helped breed an army of stout defenders in the junior class.

Quick mentions of SU recruits Dillon Stephens and Cam Ryan in the IL High School Top 25 (for public schools).

10. Victor - Senior defenders Cameron Ryan (Syracuse) and JT Werkmeister (Bryant) represent some of the highest end talent on the Blue Devil roster.

11. New Canaan - This is as loaded of a high school defense as it gets, regardless of public school vs. private. The group is headlined by senior Dillon Stephens (Syracuse), who has helped breed an army of stout defenders in the junior class.

With SU's issue with that third spot defensively and the mass exodus at LSM following this year, both of those guys have the chance to play from Day 1 next year.

With SU's issue with that third spot defensively and the mass exodus at LSM following this year, both of those guys have the chance to play from Day 1 next year.
Do you think Donny Scott will be used at ssdm?

Lawrenceville is featuring Albany area kids at fogo (Swinnie - 2025 Hopkins commit) and left attack (Peck - 2026 reclass).

Last edited: