Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

No, not to me at least. I think nyclax posted a while back that they were the front runners for his services.

UNC now has the #2, #7, #10, #12, #20, #30 and #40 ranked recruit. I was not expecting them to be that successful this cycle given the heat surrounding Breschi. I guess the logic is that Petro has made quite an impact on recruiting there.
Good school. Good weather. Playing time open. Low tuition.

This is a kid I used to coach. All State Attackman here in FL. 2023 state champion. He was committed to Lindenwood which is folding its program. He had interest from Hobart, Lemoyne & St John's. If you know of any coaches looking, let me know. He is a great kid and an amazing player.

This is a kid I used to coach. All State Attackman here in FL. 2023 state champion. He was committed to Lindenwood which is folding its program. He had interest from Hobart, Lemoyne & St John's. If you know of any coaches looking, let me know. He is a great kid and an amazing player.
he should reach out to cnu. school is and has been getting yuge funding to school and athletics, beautiful campus, academics swinging up and importantly that and reputation will also be better in 5-10 years. thompson's a v good guy and they'll be losing their top 2 attackmen soon. compete for championships, and they'd likely rake lindenwood.

he should reach out to cnu. school is and has been getting yuge funding to school and athletics, beautiful campus, academics swinging up and importantly that and reputation will also be better in 5-10 years. thompson's a v good guy and they'll be losing their top 2 attackmen soon. compete for championships, and they'd likely rake lindenwood.
Thank you. I'll send the suggestion. He's got his heart set on DI. LeMoyne wanted him at one point, so hopefully he can rekindle that relationship. Personally, if I could run like he can (which is insanely quickly), I would go to an SU and walk on, but what do I know?

Thank you. I'll send the suggestion. He's got his heart set on DI. LeMoyne wanted him at one point, so hopefully he can rekindle that relationship. Personally, if I could run like he can (which is insanely quickly), I would go to an SU and walk on, but what do I know?

kids

I get it but I don't. When you're at the bottom of D1 why wouldn't you go play for championships at D2 or D3 and actually maybe get playing time doing it. Did he get recruited by Tampa?

There's a an all-state NY kid who sits the bench at Manhattan. It's cool and all that he's on a D1 team but he doesn't play. I would want to play. It's a 4 year career.

Last edited:
kids

I get it but I don't. When you're at the bottom of D1 why wouldn't you go play for championships at D2 or D3 and actually maybe get playing time doing it. Did he get recruited by Tampa?

There's a an all-state NY kid who sits the bench at Manhattan. It's cool and all that he's on a D1 team but he doesn't play. Wouldn't you want to play?
Not sure about Tampa. His dad mentioned some schools in FL are in the mix, perhaps DII. One of my former club's directors, his kid got a ton of money to go DII at Embry-Riddle. Not the best lax, but a great education and good money for high academic kids.

I don't know his decision process, but he is a really good kid. I'm gonna guess there is something there about wanting to be one of the few kids from FL to make it to DI. He started late. Fell in love. Got cut from the bigger name regional select teams. Was fueled by that I imagine. Within a couple years he made True Nationals & SweetLax Nationals (B I think). According to dad, he works at his craft constantly and has for years.

And I agree that they may not understand how fun it would be to be to be a major contributor on a team. I'm sure it will get sorted soon. I was sad he picked Lindenwood initially when LeMoyne was apparently an option. I'd want to play near where the history is.

Not sure about Tampa. His dad mentioned some schools in FL are in the mix, perhaps DII. One of my former club's directors, his kid got a ton of money to go DII at Embry-Riddle. Not the best lax, but a great education and good money for high academic kids.

I don't know his decision process, but he is a really good kid. I'm gonna guess there is something there about wanting to be one of the few kids from FL to make it to DI. He started late. Fell in love. Got cut from the bigger name regional select teams. Was fueled by that I imagine. Within a couple years he made True Nationals & SweetLax Nationals (B I think). According to dad, he works at his craft constantly and has for years.

And I agree that they may not understand how fun it would be to be to be a major contributor on a team. I'm sure it will get sorted soon. I was sad he picked Lindenwood initially when LeMoyne was apparently an option. I'd want to play near where the history is.

LeMoyne would’ve been a great pick for D2, but they’re going to get throttled this year. I believe they lost to Canisius in the fall. I still don’t understand why they made the jump.

Can a signed 24 get out of his commitment?

It happened with Hunter Chauvette last year (went from Yale to Hopkins). I'm not sure the ins and outs of what lead to him getting his release. Does this concern a current SU signee?

It happened with Hunter Chauvette last year (went from Yale to Hopkins). I'm not sure the ins and outs of what lead to him getting his release. Does this concern a current SU signee?
ok. Unfortunately it does.

I have a guess of who it is...
Well don't leave us hanging sir! With Petro gone and Mr. DMV being from the DMV it would not surprise me if it was one of our MD recruits in the class. Braydon Fergusen or Ryan Pels maybe

ivies don't give athletic aid in powellfan's example, there was no commitment to get out of. i'm not aware of any written exception other than a coach leaving. hardship would be another, likely.

other than that, i doubt a school is gonna make many exceptions. meaning... if someone bails, they're sitting for a year.

ivies don't give athletic aid in powellfan's example, there was no commitment to get out of. i'm not aware of any written exception other than a coach leaving. hardship would be another, likely.

other than that, i doubt a school is gonna make many exceptions. meaning... if someone bails, they're sitting for a year.
Would hope this is true, but then again I kind of doubt there is someone who officially signed to us last month and one month later is willing to take a year off just to get out of it.

Bummer. Obviously there is one crown jewel for the class. Can someone just confirm if it is or isn't that specific player? Thanks.

Would hope this is true, but then again I kind of doubt there is someone who officially signed to us last month and one month later is willing to take a year off just to get out of it.
ivies are an option, and they can keep recruiting someone after the fact. don't know all the circumstances specifically of course, but if an institution just grants exceptions willy nilly, there are repercussions for that. maybe more info will come to light.

Bummer. Obviously there is one crown jewel for the class. Can someone just confirm if it is or isn't that specific player? Thanks.

Would be a less then stellar development if it's Anderson especially with that class not exactly loaded with higher end O talent.