Recruiting insight | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting insight

LAOrange

Starter
As an Exec Recruiter for over 20 years, I would absolutely be thrilled if Coyle came up with someone no one thought of or expected. A great recruiter gets the guy that's great where he is. On referral calls, I often hear, "I don't know anybody who's looking?" To which my response is, "I want someone who isn't looking. I want someone who is terrific at his/her job right now."
Most of the coaches on this board are seemingly being marketed. The Navy guy and the BG guy may be exceptions. I don't want a 4-8 guy from a lesser school because he's available. I want a 9-3 guy who loves his job. I hope that Coyle is slyly working with a superstar.

As an Exec Recruiter for over 20 years, I would absolutely be thrilled if Coyle came up with someone no one thought of or expected. A great recruiter gets the guy that's great where he is. On referral calls, I often hear, "I don't know anybody who's looking?" To which my response is, "I want someone who isn't looking. I want someone who is terrific at his/her job right now."
Most of the coaches on this board are seemingly being marketed. The Navy guy and the BG guy may be exceptions. I don't want a 4-8 guy from a lesser school because he's available. I want a 9-3 guy who loves his job. I hope that Coyle is slyly working with a superstar.
Funny you bring up the unexpected. I am speaking with Coyle tomorrow.

I'm not aware of any 4-8 head coaches from lesser schools that are on our radar. Like not a single one, at all.

I'm not aware of any 4-8 head coaches from lesser schools that are on our radar. Like not a single one, at all.
Bobby's younger brother, Paul, the HC at Idaho, came up in conversation earlier today.

Bobby's younger brother, Paul, the HC at Idaho, came up in conversation earlier today.
He went from 2 wins to 4 wins. If he gets them to a bowl next year that's a good trajectory right? The year 3 turnaround.

He went from 2 wins to 4 wins. If he gets them to a bowl next year that's a good trajectory right? The year 3 turnaround.
100% improvement. Washington economic analysis.

No, he didn't. Another person on his staff was mentioned, not Paul.

No, he didn't. Another person on his staff was mentioned, not Paul.
They've both been mentioned. Paul P., and Cinkovich.

LAOrange, be honest, are you Chuck Amato's agent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom