Red Hot Chili Peppers | JMA Dome Fri Apr 14 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Red Hot Chili Peppers | JMA Dome Fri Apr 14

I’d be shocked if that’s a full stadium. I don’t like them, but let’s be honest, they’re on a different fame level than Paul, Garth, Elton, etc.
I don't dislike them., but that was my first thought also. Doesn't seem like a group that could fill up the Dome, but I might be wrong.

You apparently ignored college radio. You missed-out on a lot.
my 2 roommates were college DJs so we had a ton of music playing. College radio not really mainstream music much of the time though.,

my 2 roommates were college DJs so we had a ton of music playing. College radio not really mainstream music much of the time though.,
The mainstream is where art goes to die.

I’d be shocked if that’s a full stadium. I don’t like them, but let’s be honest, they’re on a different fame level than Paul, Garth, Elton, etc.
Not sure what they'll draw at the dome, but they averaged around 40,000 last summer and have played in front of as many as 80,000 before.

Not sure what they'll draw at the dome, but they averaged around 40,000 last summer and have played in front of as many as 80,000 before.
Think they will draw a heck of a lot of people. They haven't played in the cuse since 1990. Would be curious how many times they have played anywhere in NY State that is not in or near NYC in that time. They have devoted fans both old and young and unlike the Elton Johns and Paul McCartneys of the world it is not a medical miracle that they are still playing live (well maybe it is in John Frusciante's case). I will be buying tickets ASAP and know several friends who will do the same.

Think they will draw a heck of a lot of people. They haven't played in the cuse since 1990. Would be curious how many times they have played anywhere in NY State that is not in or near NYC in that time.
They definitely played Darien Lake and Saratoga in 2000,’Albany in 2006, and Buffalo in 2017. Don’t forget Woodstock 99.

Last edited:
RHCP played a headline show at Landmark Theatre in 1991 with Pearl Jam and the Smashing Pumpkins opening. Not a shabby line up.
Yeah, Pearl Jam played an “off show” at The Haunt in Ithaca either a day before or after this show. A friend of mine at IC asked me to go see them and I was like…”who??…no thanks”. Missed seeing PJ in a small bar basically playing their Ten album for about 100 people. Bad decision on my part!!

RHCP played at the Lost Horizon in the late Eighties, when they had the Eastern European guitarist, iirc.
The famous “play the encore wearing nothing but a tube sock” show. Faith No More was the opener (with their original vocalist high AF) and we’re trying to upstage the headliner with stage antics. RHCP came out on fire and blew up the stage (figuratively speaking). Legendary show.

Used to love these guys. Especially tunes when Flea played the trumpet.

old boss of mine pointed out something about Anthony’s singing and I can’t listen anymore.

They definitely played Darien Lake and Saratoga in 2000,’Albany in 2006, and Buffalo in 2017. Don’t forget Woodstock 99.

I went to the show in Buffalo in 2017 and it was great. It sold out very quickly. I believe capacity for concerts there is around 20,000. Trombone Shorty was their opener then. I think The Strokes is a bigger draw for an opener.

Just received my tickets in the mail today but the parking pass I purchased was not in the envelope which I thought was weird as that was the reason they had to mail physical tickets. Anyone know if I contact the Dome box-office or do I have to contact ticketmaster to get my parking pass?

nope 50s still.. i know they are a thing.. i just never knew of anyone who actually listened to them. I knew the one song listed, dont like it but i have heard it..

I was in college late 80s didnt hear them in the Dorms.. Lots of Bruce/Police/Purple Rain/journey/zz top and others. Since I spent most of the 80-90s in our collegetown bars I asked a few of the friends who were running the bars in that time period and a couple guys who DJ'd those types of things. They difdnt get much play they said not the music to keep the girls hanging around for the guys.

Yeah I call bs...

Just received my tickets in the mail today but the parking pass I purchased was not in the envelope which I thought was weird as that was the reason they had to mail physical tickets. Anyone know if I contact the Dome box-office or do I have to contact ticketmaster to get my parking pass?
They should have sent it a few weeks ago.

Last minute schedule change and I have to unload a pair of RHCP tickets for the Dome show on Friday 4/14. $600 for the pair, which is below face. They are on the floor Section C, Row 5, on the aisle. They also come with a parking pass. These are physical tickets so we'll have to meet in a fast food parking lot of your choice to make the exchange. I'm offering for the same price on Stubhub and Vivid, but no fees if you buy direct with cash. If interested please PM me your contact info and I'll go in order of receipt.

Thought it was a great show all the way around. Nice Melo shout out from Flea which I wasn't surprised since he's a huge basketball fan. Place was pretty much packed into the 3rd level for those that thought they couldn't fill the place from earlier in the thread.

As an almost 55 year old I was in awe of the energy that the 3 60 year old band members had. Even with AK in a walking boot.

RHCP played a headline show at Landmark Theatre in 1991 with Pearl Jam and the Smashing Pumpkins opening. Not a shabby line up.
Yup... I was there. The ticket said something like the "Red Hot Chili Peppers with 2 opening acts."
This was before PJ and Smashing Pumpkins were anybody. That was a big transition year for music. Big Hair Bands were out, Grunge and Alternative was in.

[EDIT: That RHCP concert at the Landmark in 1991 was 38 days after Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" debuted on MTV. That song/video kicked open one door and closed the other (per above). RHCP's "Give it Away" was also released during roughly the same time period.]

Last edited: