Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

Pardon My Take guys talking about getting Boeheim on the podcast.

I would rearrange my schedule to listen to that.
I haven’t listened in years but I would 1000% come back for that.

If JB “gets it” that would be an all-time listen. And if JB doesn’t “get it” it might be an ever funnier listen.

I haven’t listened in years but I would 1000% come back for that.

If JB “gets it” that would be an all-time listen. And if JB doesn’t “get it” it might be an ever funnier listen.

Maybe his sons listen and they can help lol

Just thinking aloud -- not criticizing the ACs.

But it will be interesting to see whether this group can be more effective with JB gone, as some have insinuated that he held them back.

Would prefer to see more staff diversity, versus repeating the same pattern as what wasn't previously working.

Will be interesting to pay attention to.

And again -- just making an observation, not criticizing any of the ACs.

But it will be interesting to see whether this group can be more effective with JB gone, as some have insinuated that he held them back.

Would prefer to see more staff diversity, versus repeating the same pattern as what wasn't previously working.

They are already on the clock. It's go time now. Our roster has to be revamped.

If this crew can keep Judah and Jesse, pull in JJ, and land a few other day one guys, we can be cooking with gasoline.

If he wants to push pace and spread it out, awesome. Let's go get the players to do so now.

To be clear, I agree with you, but assuming we're locked and loaded with these guys, I want wins coming in starting next week.

I still maintain that Gerry needs to prove to himself that he can get a job and perform somewhere that's not at Syracuse, but those opportunities have to be there, and this year might not be the year.

They are already on the clock. It's go time now. Our roster has to be revamped.

If this crew can keep Judah and Jesse, pull in JJ, and land a few other day one guys, we can be cooking with gasoline.

If he wants to push pace and spread it out, awesome. Let's go get the players to do so now.

To be clear, I agree with you, but assuming we're locked and loaded with these guys, I want wins coming in starting next week.
Yeah, I feel like we live in a weird place where if we have bigger changes in the staff, I'm more confident in our success, but am more patient for it, whereas if 3/4 come back, I'm less confident of success and am also less patient for it.

I still maintain that Gerry needs to prove to himself that he can get a job and perform somewhere that's not at Syracuse, but those opportunities have to be there, and this year might not be the year.
Needs to prove to himself what? Maybe he/family want to stay where they are. Are you saying he needs to leave get head coaching experience so he can take over if Red gets canned? Gerry is probably getting a raise out of this. I'm sure he's fine.

Needs to prove to himself what? Maybe he/family want to stay where they are. Are you saying he needs to leave get head coaching experience so he can take over if Red gets canned? Gerry is probably getting a raise out of this. I'm sure he's fine.
He loves the JD school system! He doesn’t want to leave.

He loves the JD school system! He doesn’t want to leave.

As good of a school district as it is, I sincerely hope that Gerry does not make life changing career decisions based on the Jamesville-Dewitt School District. There are great schools/districts all over the country. I'm sure he could find something just as good elsewhere.

Sometimes when someone's entire existence happens in one place, it limits their growth because they're not exposed to as great a variety of learning experiences as possible.

I believe Gerry is facing that at Syracuse. His growth is limited. I'm not talking about job titles. I'm talking about range of experience.

And also, there's a certain point in a professional's career where they need to prove that they have value outside of what they know. I believe Gerry is beyond that point here.

I don't think Syracuse basketball fans have a great concept of this because our primary example of staying home is an extreme, historically unprecedented outlier when it comes to best case, most successful scenario.

Which ironically also sets an unfair standard for Gerry.

As good of a school district as it is, I sincerely hope that Gerry does not make life changing career decisions based on the Jamesville-Dewitt School District. There are great schools/districts all over the country. I'm sure he could find something just as good elsewhere.
Blues Brothers GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom