Reno Ferri is new TEs coach | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Reno Ferri is new TEs coach

In September 2009, Ferri concluded tenure of five-plus seasons at Akron by submitting his resignation amid an investigation into a possible recruiting violation, the Akron Beacon Journal reported. The news came about two weeks after The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that Ferri was placed on administrative leave and suspended with pay, pending an internal review of compliance requirements with NCAA rules investigation.
Good for him. If you're not pushing the limits you're not working.

I can only speak for Bergen County, where im from, but the catholic high schools (bergen, don bosco, st joes) are not affiliated with a certain parish, meaning that there are not parishioner for these kids to stay with. However this does happen where a kid will live with someone in the area, but for the most part these kids are from new jersey. For instance Brian Cushing and Greg Olson who are having successful NFL careers are both born and raised in NJ.
Cushing is from the same area as Chris Simms and Greg Toal.. and both Krautmans. The Wyckoff/Franklin Lakes area also produced Schiano and Tim Pernetti. Olson didn't go to catholic HS, he went public to Wayne Hills, same area. His dad was coach IIRC and his brother was the QB. his bro went to ND before transferring to Miami to be iwth his brother. Thing about that area that gets overlooked is that NFL players often make a home there. Their kids and often times their money go to feeding those systems. To flip the argument, many if not all (I can exaggerate too) of the kids in CT prep schools are from NJ. Chris Clark and Anthony Guidice are two quick examples I can think of.

NJ ranks 10th for NFL players and per capita it would have to be towards the bottom.
As would every other state in that list then. The list of NFL products per state mirrors the state census numbers pretty closely. I believe NJ is tenth in both lists, with Texas, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio ahead of them there too . The biggest outlier (and therefore far and away closest to the bottom) is NY. 4th most populous, but not on that list of NFL producers. We should stop worrying about NJ but focus on NY???

If Rutgers cared about football in the 80s and 90s the way they started caring about in the 00s, we never would have had that pipeline. Some of it with our shiny Dome, but not all of it. Not one of those talented kids ever considered Rutgers, probably didn't know they had a program.

All good things come to an end.
60's 7o's etc

As would every other state in that list then. The list of NFL products per state mirrors the state census numbers pretty closely. I believe NJ is tenth in both lists, with Texas, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio ahead of them there too . The biggest outlier (and therefore far and away closest to the bottom) is NY. 4th most populous, but not on that list of NFL producers. We should stop worrying about NJ but focus on NY???
western ny and the 5 boroughs and new jersey fla and the rest

JerseyOrange said years ago that a big part of it was that under pasqualoni the program had become stagnant and stale. Not from a facilities standpoint although that contributed.
under jake it became stagnant not pascualoni--i watched it happen and said so at the time---facilities were the issue --we rested on laurels and the football world moved ahead

under jake it became stagnant not pascualoni--i watched it happen and said so at the time---facilities were the issue --we rested on laurels and the football world moved ahead
JerseyOrange specifically said the football program direction, under the P staff, was stagnant. The offense Deleone was running excited no one, etc. Facilities contributed, sure, but the issue I referred to was definitely, explicitly stated as a "what direction are the coaches taking us and what kind of football are we playing" issue.

JerseyOrange specifically said the football program direction, under the P staff, was stagnant. The offense Deleone was running excited no one, etc. Facilities contributed, sure, but the issue I referred to was definitely, explicitly stated as a "what direction are the coaches taking us and what kind of football are we playing" issue.
JerseyOrange would know. I wish he posted more often. Great poster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom