Report: Marvin Harrison didn't make HOF this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Report: Marvin Harrison didn't make HOF this year

Well, Tim Brown stole a Heisman from Don McPherson, it only makes sense he'd steal a HOF spot from Marvin, too.

Gordie Lockbaum contributed heavily to that as well. He siphoned off a significant number of points from the eastern region that should have went to Donnie.

Stern said Brown is overrated and Reed is a sham, well people could argue Harrison's numbers were inflated because he played with Manning, one of the best QBs to ever step on a field.
They are overrated and a sham in respect to the HOF. Reed does NOT have HOF numbers. And Harrison's numbers dwarf his.

This is the HALL OF FAME! You line up the stats for player A and player B. The guy with the better numbers should get in. I see one guy with 128 TD's and 14,580 yards and the other guy with 87 TD's and 13,198 yards...the guy with more TD's and yards should get in. Better player and its not even close!!! But that isn't the case, somehow Andre Reed is in and Harrison isn't.

Then you bring in Tim Brown...Marvin's numbers beat his across the board (expect for yards where there is a very small difference) and Marvin played 4 less years than Brown. Better numbers in less time!

This is why the NFL hall of fame is a joke! Reed should have never of gotten in. Brown IF he got in should have been after Harrison. Out of those 3 players the best player stats wise and just flat out on the field was clearly Harrison. Tim Brown was a possession WR who complied stats cause he played forever. Few defensive coordinators stayed up at night fearing Tim Brown. Teams stayed up at night trying to find a way to stop Harrison!

Does that make sense to you? The guys numbers dwarf just about every receiver in ahead of him and he's penalized because somebody THREW him the ball?
Agree! Did Jerry Rice get punished because he had Montana and Young throwing him the ball his entire career?

The combination of him being so quiet while he played, and the stories of his post football life in Philly are working against him.

If you're going to be connected with murder, you probably need to be as big a presence as Ray Lewis to get over the HOF hump. At least in the early voting.

Btw where is peyton manning in all of this. What does he have to say? Where is that quote? Hes a punk if hes staying silent.

A punk? Really. Peyton manning is a punk? What,.

The combination of him being so quiet while he played, and the stories of his post football life in Philly are working against him.

If you're going to be connected with murder, you probably need to be as big a presence as Ray Lewis to get over the HOF hump. At least in the early voting.
That's stupid. Then it isn't a true hall of fame. It's the hall of good guys who will give us good PR. Marvin wasn't convicted so he is innocent. Do I believe he is innocent, no...but he was never convicted of anything. For that to keep him out of the hall of fame is laughable. A "REAL" Hall of Fame bases things on numbers and play on the field, not whether a guy was quiet and will be good for PR

That's stupid. Then it isn't a true hall of fame. It's the hall of good guys who will give us good PR. Marvin wasn't convicted so he is innocent. Do I believe he is innocent, no...but he was never convicted of anything. For that to keep him out of the hall of fame is laughable. A "REAL" Hall of Fame bases things on numbers and play on the field, not whether a guy was quiet and will be good for PR

I just don't know how else to explain it?

The "waiting your turn" argument just defies logic. "Well, you deserve to be in, but there is someone else who doesn't deserve it more on merit, but has been waiting longer so he has to go in first."

I've been waiting for the call from Canton longer than Marvin OR Tim Brown. Why aren't I being inducted?

Some guy on ESPN radio (didn't hear the beginning but he's a voter), tried to say that Brown's numbers were right w/ Harrison and threw in how he also returned kicks as a reason for the selection. He went on to say that Marvin will get in, but that he has to be patient because other guys had to wait.

Have sports media members always been this holier than thou?

Some guy on ESPN radio (didn't hear the beginning but he's a voter), tried to say that Brown's numbers were right w/ Harrison and threw in how he also returned kicks as a reason for the selection. He went on to say that Marvin will get in, but that he has to be patient because other guys had to wait.

I like the fact that people are using the kick returner stats while ignoring that Marvin started his career as the punt returner for the Colts, too.

When I think of who long it took Art Monk to get in , I'm not optimistic about Harrison, or even McNabb, a good guy who always seemed to be the subject of controversy for some reason.

Brown also played 4 more years than Marvin so that radio host is clueless. Having to "wait your turn" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It really is

When I think of who long it took Art Monk to get in , I'm not optimistic about Harrison, or even McNabb, a good guy who always seemed to be the subject of controversy for some reason.
McNabb will never get in. He was an ok to average NFL QB. I don't think Monk should have ever have gotten in. Another guy who was NOT a HOF WR

McNabb will never get in. He was an ok to average NFL QB. I don't think Monk should have ever have gotten in. Another guy who was NOT a HOF WR

Not to start that all over again, but all Art was was the NFL's all time leading single season and career receiver, (both since broken but he held those titles) who wa s key player for three Super Bowl champions. An obvious Hall of Famer. We had annual threads demolishing all of the phony arguments against him. We could do that again. But why bother? The good guys won.

Last edited: