Request - Key Developments in the Offseason | Syracusefan.com

Request - Key Developments in the Offseason

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
For various reasons I have been able to follow Syracuse at all in the offseason (basically since the NBA Draft). So I am asking for a quick update.

While some rightly may see this as the ultimate in laziness, I can only argue it is hard to get the key info from scanning all the threads. And I am sure there may be a few others in my situation.

So what would you say were the key happenings this offseason (2 to 3 things -- nothing more) -- be it recruiting, development of our roster...

Thanks in advance for your perspectives, which I am sure will differ amongst some.

Lost Diagne from this year's freshman class.
Gained a verbal commit from 2016 5 star guard Tyus Battle.
Got Chukwu (7'2" + guy) to transfer from Providence, will play next season.
Coleman is making encouraging progress toward being ready to play (recovery from OATS surgery).
Pearl Washington is gravely ill.

Lost Diagne from this year's freshman class.
Gained a verbal commit from 2016 5 star guard Tyus Battle.
Got Chukwu (7'2" + guy) to transfer from Providence, will play next season.
Coleman is making encouraging progress toward being ready to play (recovery from OATS surgery).
Pearl Washington is gravely ill.

Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for.

-Tyler Roberson will be logging 32 minutes a game at the center position because Coleman's knees will die and Chino couldn't possibly have improved enough to stand in the middle of the zone with his hands up.

-Cooney vowed to not take any threes this year

-Hop got in a boogie boarding accident

*Disclaimer - one of these is a true statement

-Tyler Roberson will be logging 32 minutes a game at the center position because Coleman's knees will die and Chino couldn't possibly have improved enough to stand in the middle of the zone with his hands up.

-Cooney vowed to not take any threes this year

-Hop got in a boogie boarding accident

*Disclaimer - one of these is a true statement
Sorry to go Johnny Joykill on you, CraigForth - but none are true. Body surfing is not synonymous with boogie boarding. :)

The team has one first option - Michael Gbinije
Has no second options.
Has four third options Trevor Cooney, Dajuan Coleman, Kaleb Joseph and Tyler Roberson
And two fourth options in Malachi Richardson and Tyler Lydon who are good for 7-10 ppg :)
Our other freshmen Franklin Howard is very solid as well.

Dajuan and Obokoh were pushed by the coaches to get better defensively in the offseason.

Last edited:
And two fourth options in Malachi Richardson and Tyler Lydon who are good for 7-10 ppg :)
1) Tyler Lydon will surprise 0% of the people
2) Tyler Lydon will surprise 25% of the people
3) Tyler Lydon will surprise 50% of the people
4) Tyler Lydon will surprise 75% of the people
5) Tyler Lydon will surprise 100% of the people

One of these is true.

Has no second options.
Has four third options Trevor Cooney, Dajuan Coleman, Kaleb Joseph and Tyler Roberson

Dajuan and Obokoh were pushed by the coaches to get better defensively in the offseason.
I'm still trying to figure out how a team can have one first option, no second option and four third options.

Has no second options.

:eek:
I'm still trying to figure out how a team can have one first option, no second option and four third options.
:D

1) Tyler Lydon will surprise 0% of the people
2) Tyler Lydon will surprise 25% of the people
3) Tyler Lydon will surprise 50% of the people
4) Tyler Lydon will surprise 75% of the people
5) Tyler Lydon will surprise 100% of the people

One of these is true.

Tyler Lydon will surprise all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but he cannot surprise all the people all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom