Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

Oregon has to be nervous. Imagine losing coaches in back to back years after one season?

His stubbornness ultimately did him in.
Yes and no.

A lot of kids there think they are the U and live like they have done something.

He lost the team and never found a serviceable QB. Rosier is a head case.

He also did himself no favors along the way. Wonder where he ends up.

Coaching
th

Has to be tough news if you are a kid that just signed to Miami during the early signing period and are now locked into playing for a completely new staff that is probably going to want to replace you with "their" guys. Will be interesting to see if a bunch of these guys transfer after next year.

Miami must be jealous as hell seeing what Babers has done at Syracuse being hired in the same year as Richt. Winning the camping bowl in Florida and horning in in their recruits. Wouldn't suprise if some big boosters told him so much and "we got the wrong" sentiment.

Has to be tough news if you are a kid that just signed to Miami during the early signing period and are now locked into playing for a completely new staff that is probably going to want to replace you with "their" guys. Will be interesting to see if a bunch of these guys transfer after next year.
I'm not sure but I think they ( new signees) might be eligible for a wavier after a coaching change.

Their Star RB just signed with an agent and is entering the NFL Draft

Miami is a lifestyle too though, weather, beach, girls. Its more than just the football.

They should see if Urbans health issues have cleared up. Do they dare call...Mr Kiffen?

Gotta be Butch Davis again right? They should consider Neal Brown from Troy.

Heupel from UCF's another candidate, but he's been carried by a schedule that was not so rough and Frost's recruits.

Miami is a lifestyle too though, weather, beach, girls. Its more than just the football.

They should see if Urbans health issues have cleared up. Do they dare call...Mr Kiffen?

From my view it’s got all of the negatives that the big state school football factory’s do with none of the positives. Same pressure, but the fans flat out don’t show up unless you’re a national title contender.

Beyond the weather and the talent rich area(which is a MAJOR positive, I realize), I don’t see too many other positives about that job.