Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

FWIW, Diaz was the DC that Mack Brown fired at Texas and replaced him with GRob who got a lot of credit for helping right their season.

Every time I see a team struggling defensively, for example Oklahoma, I immediately think they should be on the phone to SS. Maybe I remember his defenses too fondly and just want the best for a former Cuse coach

He's a very good DC.

With talent he can play a dynamic style that can win.

Guess he didn't want to work in servitude of Saban anymore. Probably saw what Locks went through and said 'no thanks, Nick.'

Guess he didn't want to work in servitude of Saban anymore. Probably saw what Locks went through and said 'no thanks, Nick.'
Looks like Alabama has lost almost their entire Offensive staff

Very well thought of in college football.

Lots of big time schools were after him.

He was thought to be the next in line for Bama OC.

Jalen Hurts potential.

Good recruiter.

IMO it is just groupthink. He has a track record and it ain’t great. Could someone get better? Sure, but one year under Locksley I doubt did much.

IMO it is just groupthink. He has a track record and it ain’t great. Could someone get better? Sure, but one year under Locksley I doubt did much.

my thoughts exactly.

Very well thought of in college football.

Lots of big time schools were after him.

He was thought to be the next in line for Bama OC.

Jalen Hurts potential.

Good recruiter.

Hurts stinks and Arkansas 2015-17 ? lol.

Hurts stinks and Arkansas 2015-17 ? lol.
Hurts isn’t great but he doesn’t stink. I’d rather him go to Miami than play him early in the season at Maryland.

I’m just saying he has a good rep. Alabama thought he would be the next OC and then UGA promoted from within to OC as soon as Miami/Enos was announced. UGA was rumored to be trying to get Enos.

Wow. Wonder if Saban goes after Applewhite? Maybe Butch Jones to OC?

Think Butch is following Locksley to Maryland.

Have a feeling Saban's time is coming to an end. That shellacking is the kind that you look back at in a few years and realize that's where it began to end.

His inability to keep talented coaches is going to be his down fall. The money is nice, but if you're young and talented why would you want to work for a guy who seems like an a******?

Think Butch is following Locksley to Maryland.

Have a feeling Saban's time is coming to an end. That shellacking is the kind that you look back at in a few years and realize that's where it began to end.

His inability to keep talented coaches is going to be his down fall. The money is nice, but if you're young and talented why would you want to work for a guy who seems like an a******?
Saban, like Belichick, IS the reason for success. People will hire his assistants because they want to replicate his "system" or "style," but they will never be as successful.

Hurts isn’t great but he doesn’t stink. I’d rather him go to Miami than play him early in the season at Maryland.

I’m just saying he has a good rep. Alabama thought he would be the next OC and then UGA promoted from within to OC as soon as Miami/Enos was announced. UGA was rumored to be trying to get Enos.
Hey! I’m walking here! I’m walking here!

Attachments

• F4E0DBE5-19DD-4958-9E67-F98460C59985.jpeg
    F4E0DBE5-19DD-4958-9E67-F98460C59985.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 20

Yeah, let's kick his tail when we beat Miami in the ACCCG in early December. :)

Cheers,
Neil