RIP Jim Brown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jim Brown

I have a SU hat signed by Jim Brown when he was sitting at a plastic table on Marshall St in front of 44s I think back in early 2000s. Any body else remember that with better details, my memory fails me.
Had to be for a big game, I just don't remember which one.

I’m only saw those old grainy highlights, but anyone that did see him or had to try to stop him raved about him. RIP GOAT

Probably one of the best athletes ever, football, lacrosse, basketball and track. A good actor - loved the Dirty Dozen! Not mentioned much is that he was in ROTC during his time at SU and graduated as a second lieutenant. He continued his military career in the army reserves for 4 years ending during his NFL career as a captain. His relationship with women was a horrible issue, fraught with charges of neglect, domestic abuse and violence throughout much of his life. He’s left an unbelievable, absolutely remarkable legacy in sports but quite an enigmatic, extremely troubled one in his personal life.
Incredibly well said, he was a complicated, and sometimes violent and abusive man, who also did immeasurable good for so many

His nickname should be: "The Prototype".

Speed, strength, stamina, agility- every running back who's ever played is ultimately judged based on the standards that Jim Brown set.
Earl Campbell was a bruiser, but was he as fast as Jim Brown.
Walter Payton was determined, but was he as resilient as Jim Brown?
Barry Sanders was quick, but could he cut on a dime like Jim Brown.
The Prototype.
The Standard.
RIP

Last edited:
Everyone should read Dave Zirin’s excellent book on Jim Brown, which really digs into the contradictions of Brown’s life. Dave’s writing examines the fascinating intersection of sports, politics and social movements. And he hosts a radio show/podcast with our very own Etan Thomas!

Probably one of the best athletes ever, football, lacrosse, basketball and track. A good actor - loved the Dirty Dozen! Not mentioned much is that he was in ROTC during his time at SU and graduated as a second lieutenant. He completed his military career in the army reserves for 4 years ending during his NFL career as a captain. His relationship with women was a horrible issue, fraught with charges of neglect, domestic abuse and violence throughout much of his life. He’s left an unbelievable, absolutely remarkable legacy in sports but quite an enigmatic, extremely troubled one in his personal life.
Very well said Cherie as usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom