RIP Louie Orr | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Louie Orr

So sad. Way too young. F cancer..I had just graduated from SU and had season seats in Manley for the Louie and Bouie show. Then I Moved to NYC and remember watching them with my neighbors on TV. Just a lot of memories for me attached to that duo. One of the best Syracuse ambassadors. RIP.

I don't have memories of Louie's time at SU as I was only 4 when he graduated. But I do remember watching Knicks games when I was young and hearing his name and that he went to SU, so I followed his pro career and checked the box scores in the paper to see how he did.

Definitely one of the good guys. RIP Louie.

Will never forget that back in February of 1980 - the first game after our 58-game Manley streak had been snapped by Georgetown - that as a Daily Orange assistant sports editor, I was sent to Jamaica, Long Island, for the game with St. John's that weekend. And Louis hit the game-winner at the buzzer after a missed SJU free throw and a great drive and dish by Hal Cohen - which included controversy because Louis Carnesecca wanted the charge call and didn't get it. (Always thought it was a ballsy call that the official made that day in front of a full house of red.) Afterward, Louis was as he always was - humble, as if he was just nodding and saying hello to you on a morning walk through the Quad. Still my favorite Cuse player, and by all accounts, he was an even better man. Time and tide...

Gerry McNamara
@Coach_McNamara

Louis was a wonderful person, a gentleman by every sense of the definition. True class! His impact on the people that were fortunate enough to be in his presence is everlasting.

Eric Devendorf
@ED23HOOPS

Louis Orr was and will always be a legend! Most importantly he was a great human being who made this world a better place! Thank you Louis for making it a little better for everyone else. You will be missed! Orange family ❤️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom