RIP Neil Peart | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Neil Peart

I bumped this because I came across this video a couple weeks ago and figured I'd share it with those of you who are fellow Rush/Neil Peart fans. If you ever wondered how he would sound like in another band, here you go. I never knew it,but he recorded 5 songs over 2 albums with the band Vertical Horizons. This a video of him laying down the drum track for a song called 'Instamatic'. Pretty awesome tune. Enjoy.

Rush fans: great Rollingstone interview with Geddy talking about The Professor of drums

Geddy interview on Neil
Excellent interview. Thank you for posting. Geddy is so eloquent in discussing his musical and personal relationship with Neil. Certainly, it is hard to find a more symbiotic relationship between three bandmates... particularly given the fact that it endured over 50 years. They genuinely enjoyed each other personally and professionally.

wow tough last few months for the drummers I always loved . First in October the death of Ginger baker and now Neil Peart wow two top five drummers yikes . Rock is really starting to take some hits now

Ill post this video of this young girl who play drums and hopefully youngters like her will keep rock Alive

Watching this young woman, I queried myself a question to pose to the board. Then I decided to Google the question. I found my answer.

C9A911B1-F868-4133-B793-A3B46D4060E1.jpeg

For all of my Rush brethren out there in Cuse land, I thought I would share that on this date (April 2) in 1983, Dirk, Lerxst, & Pratt played the Dome on the Signals tour. Also on this date in 1979, they played at the OC War Memorial for the Hemispheres tour.

Do yourselves a favor and listen to a little “La Villa Strangiato” today to mark the occasion. This will be my one PSA for the day. Happy Friday.

View attachment 199249
For all of my Rush brethren out there in Cuse land, I thought I would share that on this date (April 2) in 1983, Dirk, Lerxst, & Pratt played the Dome on the Signals tour. Also on this date in 1979, they played at the OC War Memorial for the Hemispheres tour.

Do yourselves a favor and listen to a little “La Villa Strangiato” today to mark the occasion. This will be my one PSA for the day. Happy Friday.
I was there (1983)! Floor seats, row 14 IIRC. I would put it in the top four concerts I have attended and #1 when it comes to pure musicianship (top four would include The Police on the Synchronicity tour, U-2 on The Joshua Tree tour, and Sting on the Nothing Like the Sun tour. Sting's tour would come closest to Rush for musicianship, in my opinion.
Just last night I was watching some Rush concert footage on YouTube. They never cease to amaze after all these years. (As a young bass player--in 1983, that is, there was nothing better!)

I was always ticked that I did not go to this show with my cousins who went in the Don Elliot box, as my Uncle worked for them.

I was there (1983)! Floor seats, row 14 IIRC. I would put it in the top four concerts I have attended and #1 when it comes to pure musicianship (top four would include The Police on the Synchronicity tour, U-2 on The Joshua Tree tour, and Sting on the Nothing Like the Sun tour. Sting's tour would come closest to Rush for musicianship, in my opinion.
Just last night I was watching some Rush concert footage on YouTube. They never cease to amaze after all these years. (As a young bass player--in 1983, that is, there was nothing better!)
Was the Sting show you attended at the NYS Fair? If so, I was there also. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Musicianship off the charts (Branford Marsalis, Kenny Kirkland, etc.) ...but what I remember most was Sting performing “Fragile” solo after the backdrop had been blown away from a storm that skated the area, leaving him performing with a solo spotlight on him with the lights of the midway rides behind him. It was beautiful.

I was also at the U2 Joshua Tree show at the Dome. Sadly, missed the Police Synchronicity show, and the one that hurt the most, Pink Floyd’s Momentary Lapse of Reason show. I still haven’t forgiven my parents for not letting me go to that show. Something about, “too many drugs...”

So cool!!! So many shared experiences! Yup, same Sting concert and same striking memory! That is another song that still holds a special place in my heart. I, stupidly, was less inclined to go to the Pink Floyd show because I had fallen into the "It's not Floyd without Roger Waters" trap...I was a dumba$$. I saw Genesis, too, but was not as impressed. Bad seats (three rows from the top at the Dome) didn't help. Now, I would be even less impressed as I have become such a big fan of older, pre-"pop" Genesis.
I don't "do" concerts anymore (age, hearing) but I have a good friend who says he will drag me to this Rush-tribute group he says is top notch. I know there are several but I don't know which one he is referencing. I may "let" him take me there...with only a token protest;).

So cool!!! So many shared experiences! Yup, same Sting concert and same striking memory! That is another song that still holds a special place in my heart. I, stupidly, was less inclined to go to the Pink Floyd show because I had fallen into the "It's not Floyd without Roger Waters" trap...I was a dumba$$. I saw Genesis, too, but was not as impressed. Bad seats (three rows from the top at the Dome) didn't help. Now, I would be even less impressed as I have become such a big fan of older, pre-"pop" Genesis.
I don't "do" concerts anymore (age, hearing) but I have a good friend who says he will drag me to this Rush-tribute group he says is top notch. I know there are several but I don't know which one he is referencing. I may "let" him take me there...with only a token protest;).
I went to the Genesis “We Can’t Dance” tour show at the Dome in ‘92. I was not impressed (despite the fact that I had awesome seats). I agree, “pop” Genesis was not my favorite. I wish I had been to the “Mama” tour at the Dome in ‘83 or “Abacab” tour in ‘81.

I was reflecting on seeing concerts in CNY growing up recently. So many great shows in the area. I wish I had been a little older to take advantage of seeing Rush all of the times they played in upstate NY. Great Falls, Utica, Syracuse, Binghamton, Rochester. It would have been awesome. Also, the Tragically Hip played Cuse a bunch of times. So many good shows in CNY.

Primus has cancelled the July 5th show in Lafayette where they were going to play "A Farewell to Kings" in it's entirety.

Primus has cancelled the July 5th show in Lafayette where they were going to play "A Farewell to Kings" in it's entirety.
Ugh. I was hoping to road trip up for this show. Sorry to hear.

Sorry to derail this thread but the mention of pre-pop Genesis reminded me of this. Love Rick Beato!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom