RIP SHARK58 ! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RIP SHARK58 !

Another of his regular posts was “Ponderous.”
Yes. It likely came from this - a clip of Casey Kasem recording commercial spots and getting frustrated, frequently played on Howard Stern's show. Shark seemed to be a huge HS fan, based on this and other comments he made. Being one myself, I recognized them. RIP.

Warning: NSFW. Trust me on this.

I'm saddened to read of Marc's passing. While I don't believe we ever met, I feel I knew him from his posts on the board. I tend to identify everyone from their avatar pictures and will miss seeing his insights on the board.
Rest In Peace.
4746.jpg

Great poster here and on a certain drug band message board I frequent. Wish we'd gotten to meet in person.
He was pham all the way.
May the four winds blow you safely home <3

My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:
Oh man, how sad. Such a funny nice guy. He used to pm me live show links and random things. Just thoughtful.
I loved his posts, especially at the end of a game thread (with the game comfortably in hand)
"I think we got this"
R.I.P. :(

This is king of freaky. I thought I was conversing with him earlier, and wondering if he was having a bad day or something, because he was far from his usual good-natured self...to put it very mildly. Then I saw two3zone had his avatar(and suddenly the nature of the posting style made sense), and the first thought that came to mind was of other boards where folks had to change avatars for a bet...until I saw the RIP message under the avatar. Even then, I still was hoping it was just a ban or anything else

After replying to him(when he was likley logged off, I want to credit Orange79 for the link to this, and my bump is likely going to catch some others off guard who may have not been on Tuesday or Wednesday.

People who are familiar with my range of emotions might be able to gather how this hit me. While I wasn't as close with Shark as some on here, he was one of the very few people on here to occasionally send me some stuff in PMs(Orangeyes was on that short list too), and as others have said, his rather unique way about him was something I enjoyed on here and will miss.

Ive recounted this before(though even more vaguely), but the Shark post that I found so humorous that I remember it to this day. It was probably back in BJ Johnson's freshman season. Shark made a joke, wondering about the etymology of BJ's name, and wondering if it was a tribute to a certain skill of a certain family member. Litle did Shark know know, that BJ's father, OG, was a member here. lol!!

I think he qucikly deleted it or edited it, and I think it's a great illustration of how any of us might feel embarrassed at times and be able to relate to one another, and that's the type of spirit I figure the guy might want us to have linger here. RIP Shark58, condolences to the family and friends who knew you in real life, including your Phish Phamily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom