RIP Yogi Berra | Syracusefan.com

RIP Yogi Berra

OB-VY069_011013_G_20130110095349.jpg

Say hi to your buddy Scooter for me when you see him

I literally just learned this watching the news with a cup of coffee. Its Sad, Very sad Yogi was a character in history that is rare and celebrated I recently learned that Yogi was part of the Normandy operation in WW2. He was aboard and operating a small but highly effective"ship" firing rockets to the shore to soften up the German defenders. Personally he was one of the first Yankee greats I knew about as a kid. Like Mickey and Roger, he will be missed and a permanent part of the Yankee legends. I yhink this is a huge blow to Whitey Ford and his contemporaries.

There is far more respect for these two teams and players than many would admit I'm a Yankee fan since childhood but I always likedTed Williams more than Dimaggio. You flat out had to like Yaz. There are others of course.
DiMaggio was an a-hole

DiMaggio was an a-hole
His ego was on display at all times. He treated Mickey very poorly when the Mick arrived in NY.When he was doing those Mr Coffee commercials he was in heaven. Ted Williams was a far better player than Joe D,especially as a hitter I would love to have seen TWs in Yankee stadium for half his career. I believe Ted served the military which affected his career numbers. I don't think that Joe D ever served his country in the capacity of military service. If I'm wrong I welcome correction.

His ego was on display at all times. He treated Mickey very poorly when the Mick arrived in NY.When he was doing those Mr Coffee commercials he was in heaven. Ted Williams was a far better player than Joe...
Some Yankee fan you are. DiMaggio served three years in WWII, from age 28 to 30.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/dimagjo01.shtml

Also, if you and others feel compelled to bash the man, this probably isn't the best place to do so. Please start another thread for that.

Last edited:
OB-VY069_011013_G_20130110095349.jpg

Say hi to your buddy Scooter for me when you see him
There was/is a seafood restaurant in the Hillside Plaza where I had one of my branches located. I know that the Scooter loved the place and ate there often Regrettably I never went there for lunch despite the numerous timesI was at this branch of Investors Savings Bank My best friend a seafood lover. He came with me often when going to the branch for multiple reasons I acquiesced to his palate. After my CVA he was the one person who stayed in contact with me constantly. I cried when he died from Leukemia a few Thanksgivings ago. He was one of the best men I've ever been associated with in my life. He packed his tools and went to the devistation of Katrina to help rebuild homes. His talent there was incredible. I would have trusted him to manage construction of any home that I arranged to have built for me and my wife . There were several in NJ. My friends used to laugh they never recorded my new address in ink. and reserved a blank line underneath the latest address for the upcoming change.After we purchased our first home I started to take advantage of the rising home values and sold and bought to up grade the homes. You can do this in a rising market which according to reports will repeat it self. in this country. Be realistic in gauging the upgraded value of your home on the market which becomes equity after the payoff of your current mortgage.
Some Yankee fan you are. DiMaggio served three years in WWII, from age 28 to 30.

I also feel if you and others feel compelled to bash the man, this probably isn't the best place to do so. Please start another thread for that.
If I ever knew that ,I have long
RIP Yogi. Be sure to say hi to Mick, Thurman and the Scooter.
. Babe will be getingtogetherwith all these guys to wellcome Yogi.
forgotten. As for bashing him,Its simply the truth about thow he treated rookies and even his wife Marylyn Monroe.Actually common knowledge and is not here isn't that far off mark. With total restectforYogi. Couldd his face and body be more there are other real oldperfectfor his name? "Yogi. He was the one and only perfect YOGI!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom