rob konrad had quite a scare | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

rob konrad had quite a scare

Was that the game we lost 38-14? That was less about Konrad and more about the defense getting drilled. Barnett and Holt killed us. I think that's the game we rushed Allen back from injury and he got ate up.

We also went 6-1 after that, only losing at WVU, so I'm not sure the season was derailed.
That was the game the Syracuse HC discovered the Internet. Thanks Bees LOL

TexanMark said:
That was the game the Syracuse HC discovered the Internet. Thanks Bees LOL

Was it that one? I know it's also the game DMac was hung over and puked.

Finwad32 said:
I think I'd like to hear more about this.

Ha. P was ahead of his time with closing practices.

Back then I, and quite often GO, went to a lot of practices. I would do a practice report on whatever board we were on at the time. Spotwood got hurt in practice and it looked like his knee but I didn't know how bad. Well, I put that in a post. Me and GO went to practice the following week and one of the team managers (forget his name but it was the bald assoc AD's son) comes up to us and says we had to leave because practice was not open anymore "because someone posted Spotwoods injury on the Internet and it cost us the game".

38-14.

Good times.

Back then I, and quite often GO, went to a lot of practices. I would do a practice report on whatever board we were on at the time. Spotwood got hurt in practice and it looked like his knee but I didn't know how bad. Well, I put that in a post. Me and GO went to practice the following week and one of the team managers (forget his name but it was the bald assoc AD's son) comes up to us and says we had to leave because practice was not open anymore "because someone posted Spotwoods injury on the Internet and it cost us the game".

38-14.

Good times.

That's crazy. Amazing that it would be monitored at that time when internet was not quite in its' infancy, but, pretty young nonetheless. Hilarious, "It cost us the game," 38-14.

38-14.

Good times.

The kid was the son of Dennis Helsel.

http://gocuhawks.com/staff.aspx?staff=2

You will find that the kid you speak of has gone onto a pretty successful career as an attorney after graduating from Syracuse Law. Great kid, great guy.

Bess pissing off a fellow ESM grad, you should be ashamed of yourself...:):)

Yep, great guys. The son's name escapes me.

Probably swam straight up the middle. :)

And defeated the Ocean in doing so.

Another great Syracuse Football moment.

I wonder though who will play the role in the movie?

Russell Crowe?

Or Jim Carrey??

Was that the game we lost 38-14? That was less about Konrad and more about the defense getting drilled. Barnett and Holt killed us. I think that's the game we rushed Allen back from injury and he got ate up.

We also went 6-1 after that, only losing at WVU, so I'm not sure the season was derailed.
One of the biggest travesty's in SU history was Rogers taking the ball out of Rob's hands against NCST.

Tried to feature McNabb on an ESPN Thursday night game, (Heisman maybe?). D the bed, three Int's, and Tory Holt later SU had a bad loss and the season was derailed.

Syracuse University did go to the Orange Bowl that season, so all was not lost.

But that was a tough game to watch on Thursday night.

IthacaBarrel said:
You will find that the kid you speak of has gone onto a pretty successful career as an attorney after graduating from Syracuse Law. Great kid, great guy. Bess pissing off a fellow ESM grad, you should be ashamed of yourself...:):)

Ahh, I didn't piss the kid off. He was following directions and was actually a bit apologetic.

There are not many people in the world who can swim nine miles. He probably just floated on his back and was incredibly lucky the currents took him to shore and not to Africa. His will to live probably also saved him. I think most people would give up in that situation.

38-14.

Good times.
so we have you to blame for not being able to attend more practices ;)

Swimming that long/far is amazing. The fact that a shark didn't come up and take a poke at him is an absolute miracle. I was fishing off the keys and dropped a bucket in the water. Thought I would just reach out and try and grab it and was told absolutely not because if I went in there no guarantee I'd be coming back out. Figure if he was fishing there was bait and/or chum in the water and a fair amount of fish with large teeth in the area.

38-14.

Good times.

Thanks a lot Bees.

After all these years, I finally learn what went wrong in NC that night.

And it turns out to be you.

9 miles...in the dark...with no preparation or any idea it was about to happen...that is really freeking impressive. #44 has one hell of a will to live. Kudos.

And now he refuses to talk to the media? He's the man.

awesome (1).gif

Was it that one? I know it's also the game DMac was hung over and puked.

You are thinking about the home game, my reference was to the road game.

38-14.

Good times.

I told you it was a bad idea.

Swimming that long/far is amazing. The fact that a shark didn't come up and take a poke at him is an absolute miracle. I was fishing off the keys and dropped a bucket in the water. Thought I would just reach out and try and grab it and was told absolutely not because if I went in there no guarantee I'd be coming back out. Figure if he was fishing there was bait and/or chum in the water and a fair amount of fish with large teeth in the area.
Think of the millions of swimmers in Florida each year and the fact that only about 25 people get attacked by a shark each year... and in the first decade of this century only 5 fatal shark attacks in the US and only one of those in FL.

Think of the millions of swimmers in Florida each year and the fact that only about 25 people get attacked by a shark each year... and in the first decade of this century only 5 fatal shark attacks in the US and only one of those in FL.
We can thank Captain Dave and the Chum Dumpster for that.

Sounds like a sketchy story. Need to hear more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom