Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

The guy seems like a first class jerk.

That being said, following is a true story: under gross tried to donate my 1959 Syracuse national championship football signed by Ernie Davis and all the greats and coaches of that team.

Went to Manley to supposedly meet Gross. Instead was met by a clueless underling, a lady with no reverence for the piece nor knowledge of the sport nor understanding of the significance of the ball.

Brings me in her office, desk is literally piled high with all sorts of crap, puts the ball down on an adjacent desk, it rolls down a pile of the crap piled high knocking over a full cup of coffee, i lunge grab and save the ball from falling, falling in said coffee and crap. Place it in an almost empty area on that desk.

My shite/concern detector goes off. I ask where it’s going to be displayed. She tells me, then has to take an “important” call elsewhere.

I go and walk back into The hallway in Manley that I came from initially when I got there, then see the rickety “display case” she mentioned, note it’s without even a good lock on it, such that any willing person can easily get in with just a little criminal effort/intent.

I go back into the office complex, then dart back into her office (she’s still not back there from her “important” call yet to meet me), I grabbed the ball and got the Fluck out of there. Never got a call on it or an email etc. Still have it 10 years later.

So who knows what the story is here with Conrad, like I said, he seems like a jerk, but they’re very well could be more to it. One would hope not with the new leadership with wildhack, etc. but none of us know.
You did the right thing. That ball needs to be cherished.

There is no way SUAD said they didn’t want that. No way that’s the real story. What is wrong with him is right.

How much you want to bet he asked SU to “buy” the collection.
Bigger grifter than whole life salesman Troy Nunes. Marrone's best move was telling Troy to get steppin.

I believe there were some stories discussed on here about him, some of his actions, and his father's actions as well when he was recruited and a player

I was at Syracuse the same time as him - Rob was one of the guys you never bothered to try to talk to on South Campus because you knew it would always be awkward.

On a positive note, he never ran me over with his car with vanity license plates.

This is a guy who insisted on being given 44 to come here, just like his buddy Terry Richardson, and now Rob doesn’t want anyone to have it (because it has the potential to marginalize or minimize his contribution) but suggests that it’s out of respect for what others did. Funny because it was that same respect that made them want to wear it and honor it in the first place. The cries of ‘I was the last to wear it’ are deafening.
And the last 44 to gain 1000 yards in a season was Michael Owens. Never hear anything from him and he was part of that , great season in 87.

Yeah either that or he’s just a weirdo. Curious if anyone knew him when he was younger and if this was typical behavior for him. Guy is an erratic drama queen now.
Years ago I had a business dealing with him. He was a gentleman who kept his word.l to me.

Bad look on Fran if he lets this doosh win and doesn’t make the AD unretire it. Do it just to spite Konrad what’s he gonna do make more of a fool of himself? Beef with who we give it to?

I was at Syracuse the same time as him - Rob was one of the guys you never bothered to try to talk to on South Campus because you knew it would always be awkward.

On a positive note, he never ran me over with his car with vanity license plates.
I was run over by a car on South Campus....

I met him once or twice in those days. I was chasing a girl who was chasing him (I’m not proud). My feeling was he looked down on both of us. That said, a guy I knew with vanity plates on South was always a good guy to me (Dnabb5)

I met him once or twice in those days. I was chasing a girl who was chasing him (I’m not proud). My feeling was he looked down on both of us. That said, a guy I knew with vanity plates on South was always a good guy to me (Dnabb5)

There’s a guy who used to post on this board with the handle DNABB5; his name choice was related somehow to McNabb almost hitting him with his car once. That was the reason for my comment - wasn’t a big deal (or a negative about McNabb) to that poster, but seeing that he appears to have not posted in years, there’s a good chance almost nobody here remembers that story.

McNabb and Otis Hill were solid dudes.

I was run over by a car on South Campus...

If it was around ‘93 or ‘94, there’s a reasonable chance it was my roommate. Great guy, but the worst friggin’ driver I’ve ever had the misfortune of being in a car with.

Here’s hoping all future SUAD references to Konrad’s contribution to the legacy of 44 include appropriate spelling.

1710042385641.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom