Roberson ... He Not Gone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson ... He Not Gone

Boeheim doesn't crap on seniors so TyRobe is good now!

JmXzE.gif

If he can hit the 10-12' shot, get out backs, average 12 boards, he can be in the league. He is an NBA athlete.
I'm a big Roberson fan, but what position do you think he could play in the NBA? 4? No. Not tall enough. 3? No. Not fluid enough and can't shoot

I'm a big Roberson fan, but what position do you think he could play in the NBA? 4? No. Not tall enough. 3? No. Not fluid enough and can't shoot
I don't believe he can stay in the NBA. He'll definitely get on an NBA summer league team. Hopefully he can parlay that into a contract somewhere. Otherwise making millions overseas is never a bad way to finish your career.

True. But he sure played better after JB lit into him. JB has a great track record of getting talented but under performing kids to improve.

JB also has a track record of being loyal to his seniors, something tells me that coming back next year will help make enduring the prior 3 all worth it.

2-2 actually. Women got Brittany Sykes back too.

Wouldn't that then be 3-3? Many here were not convinced that Coleman was coming back either.

Great news for Syracuse, great choice by TR. He has the ability to control the boards and he showed he can put back the junk he gets (a la Steven Thompson of yesteryear) and score during the Tourney. Let's hope the coaches help develop that mid range jumper.

If he can hit the 10-12' shot, get out backs, average 12 boards, he can be in the league. He is an NBA athlete.

No chance. If he could do that and he was 6-11 then yes, but he is waaaay to small to play in the NBA with an offensive game limited to 10-12 footers. No chance.

No chance. If he could do that and he was 6-11 then yes, but he is waaaay to small to play in the NBA with an offensive game limited to 10-12 footers. No chance.

Especially with the NBA moving further and further away from players that are offensive liabilities. You almost have to be big enough to guard the 5 if you have no offense.

If he gets his degree it is a good decision. If not, I'm not so sure. I know kids/young men all think they can play in the league, but by now players like TR must know deep down they aren't making the NBA. My question is why not starting earning money overseas sooner than later. I know he can have a great senior year, memories, work on his game, etc, but he will still not be in the NBA ...ever.

I don't believe he can stay in the NBA. He'll definitely get on an NBA summer league team. Hopefully he can parlay that into a contract somewhere. Otherwise making millions overseas is never a bad way to finish your career.

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure he makes a Summer League roster, unless he has a dramatic improvement in his senior year. I also don't see him making "millions" overseas either. The only guys making that kind of money are the superstars in the really big leagues. A role player type guy like Roberson is most likely not going to sniff that kind of salary. Still, he could make a very good living playing basketball for 6 months a year, so it's not like it's nothing.

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure he makes a Summer League roster, unless he has a dramatic improvement in his senior year. I also don't see him making "millions" overseas either. The only guys making that kind of money are the superstars in the really big leagues. A role player type guy like Roberson is most likely not going to sniff that kind of salary. Still, he could make a very good living playing basketball for 6 months a year, so it's not like it's nothing.
Didn't Scotty McCorkle make a summer league roster? I agree with everyone that says that Roberson isn't tall enough to make an NBA roster. But, it seems like there should be a place on a team for a rebounder/energy guy. It just doesn't fit with the current NBA formula. In a few years, it will swing back to defensive teams.

Didn't Scotty McCorkle make a summer league roster? I agree with everyone that says that Roberson isn't tall enough to make an NBA roster. But, it seems like there should be a place on a team for a rebounder/energy guy. It just doesn't fit with the current NBA formula. In a few years, it will swing back to defensive teams.

Roberson is going to make a roster, because he can do one thing really well.

I hope you are right, but he will have to convince the scouts that he can do that against players just as athletic as he is, and are much taller.

That will make him an summer league roster. But we are all basing this off of what he's done So far. He now has one more year to prove he can have some semblance of an offensive game, other then put backs.

I know he may be an outlier, but I do not think Roberson's skill set is significantly different at all from Kenneth Faried... who's a 6'8 energetic and athletic rebounder who's carved a spot in the NBA.

I know he may be an outlier, but I do not think Roberson's skill set is significantly different at all from Kenneth Faried... who's a 6'8 energetic and athletic rebounder who's carved a spot in the NBA.

Faried's motor is INSANE. Robey - only when plugged in.

That is a good comparison to Robey. We'll see what happens his senior season.

Developing the 10-12 footer is best case scenario. I would settle for being able to make the 4-6 footer AND being able to finish on the break other than an alley oop dunk. It was very frustrating seeing him as first man down the court frequently and not really being an option to get the pass. He literally could not finish which is why no one ever passed to him. If he can do that and make the short short jumper he could average 14 and 12 next year. If he doesn't develop that ability he could find himself coming off the bench (senior or not). If Mali comes back he and Lydon will start, possibly at the 3 and 4. Whether or not Battle or Frank plays the 1 will have a lot to do with that decision. And with all apologies he is not and will not be an NBA player. The comparisons to Faried are silly. I'm glad he's back.

That's probably his closest comparison to anyone in the NBA right now, but Roberson would be an extremely poor man's Faried. Tyler doesn't have the the strength or aggression level of Faried. That guy dunks anything around the rim, with authority. When is the last time Roberson had a dunk that was contested?

Just imagining how good Roberson could be if he could hit a 10 footer, or pump fake it, drive and finish. Two relatively simple things, but I'm just not sure he can develop them. I'd settle for setting the high screen, rolling to the basket like he knows how, catching, and dunking. That'd get him 4-6 points per game.

This kid needs to be in a gym every day from the end of finals to the start of next year working with someone who can help him with that stuff, because those improvements are the difference between possibly being able to carve out a shot at an NBA future/good money overseas and a couple years in the D-League and a couple years overseas not making as much money.

Also, if we could locate the plug, maybe just some duct tape to hold it in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom