Roberson May Start | Syracusefan.com

Roberson May Start

There is NO reason to start roberson over Baye IMO. Move Xmas to the wing and give Baye his due.

That 'if Grant can't go' part is a little worrisome.

I know it's the end of the season and it's all hands on deck but I hope JB is letting Grant get as healthy as possible now instead of perpetuating a situation where he's playing partial games in pain. Just let him rest.

There is NO reason to start roberson over Baye IMO. Move Xmas to the wing and give Baye his due.

I'm inclined to agree, but maybe Boeheim knows something we don't about Roberson's psyche and doesn't want to slight him by not giving him the start?

(That's my attempt at devil's advocate - if Boeheim wanted that sort of soft motivational tool, he might not have played yo-yo with Roberson's minutes all season.)

Sure there is--Roberson is a natural forward while Rak and Gbinije aren't.

If Keita token starts because of senior day considerations, he should start in the pivot for Rak.

Reading a bit between the lines, it sounds like there absolutely is a reason to get Roberson ramped up as quickly as possible to play a heavier dose of minutes.

Last edited:
Sure there is--Roberson is a natural forward while Rak isn't.

If Keita starts because of senior day considerations, he should start in the pivot for Rak.

Reading a bit between the lines, it sounds like there absolutely is a reason to get Roberson ramped up as quickly as possible to play a heavier dose of minutes.

This. I'm happy with a two seed in the east if it means we get Roberson some PT. The biggest question as you allude to is in regard to Grant - what is his outlook?

Let's get this one tonight, get Roberson some real burn and start getting ready for life without (or with) Grant.

Been waiting for this for a long time. As long as Roberson plays whatever role JB has defined for him, all will be good. Otherwise......

I hope Roberson is allowed to settle in a little. If he makes an early turnover and JB goes to the early hook, it could be very damaging to his confidence.

Give the kid some rope; it's not like our other players (including our senior star) aren't prone to turnovers, missed shots and mistakes.

If we can't work in Roberson and beat a sub-par Georgia Tech team, this team is in big trouble.

As long as Grant is good to go for ACC tourn or even if it's not till NCAA's, this is a blessing in disguise in my opinion. JB needs to see what else he has on the roster and we need depth badly. Maybe this is the secret weapon/spark that is needed to get this team back on track and something teams wouldn't know how to prepare for.

Hopefully we are winning by 10+ most of the game so he can play 30+ minutes.

Screen shot 2014-03-04 at 3.29.24 PM.png

https://twitter.com/ChrisESPNCNY/status/440927988042203136

@ChrisESPNCNY

Jim Boeheim says "we'll probably start Roberson if Grant can't go. We need Mike Gbinije's versatility off the bench." Full interview at 5:30
I like this. Hope TRob avoids foul trouble so he can really get some quality minutes.

I also hope G Tech lacks good outside shooters, who could take advantage of TRob's inexperience playing the 2-3. I haven't seen them play almost at all this year. They must be really bad if Syracuse is favored by 14.5 points with JG unlikely to play.

Trae Golden is a big, tough guard. He's been hurt but I believe he's back. He is excellent at penetrating and getting to the rim.

Good news

I like Roberson better at forward then Silent G

definitely. I don't like G as a rebounder at all. Roberson went up and got some big boards at the end of the UVA game. Want to see what he can do with mins...