Roberson May Start | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson May Start

I like this. Hope TRob avoids foul trouble so he can really get some quality minutes.

I also hope G Tech lacks good outside shooters, who could take advantage of TRob's inexperience playing the 2-3. I haven't seen them play almost at all this year. They must be really bad if Syracuse is favored by 14.5 points with JG unlikely to play.

Can we not call him trob, brings back some bad memories.

I like this. Hope TRob avoids foul trouble so he can really get some quality minutes.

I also hope G Tech lacks good outside shooters, who could take advantage of TRob's inexperience playing the 2-3. I haven't seen them play almost at all this year. They must be really bad if Syracuse is favored by 14.5 points with JG unlikely to play.
I thought he was out of eligibility? I'm sorry, but I can't read "TRob" without saying "Terrence Roberts" in my head.

Why the hell would we even consider playing Grant this game? I think we can handle GTech and let him rest.

Why the hell would we even consider playing Grant this game? I think we can handle GTech and let him rest.

We didn't beat Bc with a healthy grant, right now we can't take anyone for granted, if he can play, let him play.

JBs philosophy is simple. He believes freshmen perform better when starting because they're mentally prepared to play. Much easier for older players to adjust to coming off the bench.

We didn't beat Bc with a healthy grant, right now we can't take anyone for granted, if he can play, let him play.
Not one part of me thinks we'd lose to GTech, but if we did... other than rankings do we really suffer? Seems like all that should matter is post season tourneys now and health.

I hope he gets double digit minutes tonight but he might not, Boeheim might yank him after a mistake or two and go with six.

Actually, I hope all the "sons" play tonight, I'd like to see our other shooting guards play too.

Not one part of me thinks we'd lose to GTech, but if we did... other than rankings do we really suffer? Seems like all that should matter is post season tourneys now and health.

Probably just perception from the outside and possibly confidence.

We aren't a bubble team so there really is nothing to lose. Hell if they get up a bit or down a bit I wouldn't mind seeing Patterson a bit and Baye with big minutes on senior night.

I hope he gets double digit minutes tonight but he might not, Boeheim might yank him after a mistake or two and go with six.

Actually, I hope all the "sons" play tonight, I'd like to see our other shooting guards play too.

If he starts, my guess is that this would not happen. If JG can't go, we need TR's minutes. JB should let him make some mistakes.

I agree with Pete Calvin. Roberson will play like he belongs. I will up the bidding to 10 points 7 boards, but only 1 block.

Do you want to know how to get JG ready to play? Start Roberson. Give all of his minutes to Roberson. The MRI showed no structural issues. It basically comes down to JG needing to move past the pain. If he can't go, then let's get Roberson ready for the post-season.

Roberson 20-10...best player on the court all night. Fan melee ensues on message board.

There is NO reason to start roberson over Baye IMO. Move Xmas to the wing and give Baye his due.

As a consummate team guy, Keita would be 100% supportive of JB's decision .. and this is why he is so deserving of our greatest thanks for the last four years of his dedication to the team concept.

There is NO reason to start roberson over Baye IMO. Move Xmas to the wing and give Baye his due.

Sure. Give Baye the token start because he is a senior. But then yank him out and actually put the team out there that gives you the best chance to win.

I hope Roberson is allowed to settle in a little. If he makes an early turnover and JB goes to the early hook, it could be very damaging to his confidence.

Give the kid some rope; it's not like our other players (including our senior star) aren't prone to turnovers, missed shots and mistakes.

If we can't work in Roberson and beat a sub-par Georgia Tech team, this team is in big trouble.
Completely agree and this same argument could have been made shortly after we lost Coleman for the season.

If

If this happens, I'm booing JB. Enough is enough! :bang:

My prediction...

Roberson has a coming out party, of sorts. 8 pts, 6 rebs, and 2 blocks. The kid is ready.

Without much to back it up, I'm with you. Hopefully knowing he's not going in for 2 minutes, and then getting hooked, he will be a bit more composed with the ball. He's had a few games where he's just jacked up early shots - tonight he can let the game come to him.

He needs 10+ consecutive possessions on both sides of the floor before anyone should attempt to judge him, JB included, unless mistakes are egregious.

definitely. I don't like G as a rebounder at all. Roberson went up and got some big boards at the end of the UVA game. Want to see what he can do with mins...

G is a good rebounder when he has good position and really goes for, and grabs, the ball. He tipped at least one out the other day that started the fast break for the other team - not what we need. Guards tip, forwards grab rebounds.

All that being said, Roberson is stronger and will rebound better from the forward position.