Rocky Long | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Rocky Long

1578622166687.jpeg

Let me take this 3 steps forward. Based on what TexanMark had said about the DC having been hired and what CuseLegacy said this morning about the theory of our coaches being interviewed, is it possible Rocky was the DC hire (even if not contractually because he hadn't resigned from SDSU yet) and he was in Syracuse to interview the other defensive coaches to give his input to Dino. With the coaches convention starting this weekend, the timing of Rocky's interviews of our coaches would fit with the timing of talking to other coaches at the convention IF he had identified coaches that needed to be replaced and Dino concurred.

Or if Rocky already has been identified as the DC, he may have just been seeing the other coaches here as a meet and greet.

Need a likes ratio boost did we ?:cool: I happily donated to the cause.

Kiffin and Leach - Mississippi is going to be a fun state.

Ever been there? Not really. I was there in June and stopped in at the Mississippi Center of Craft Art. The Director, a retired minister was all bubbly about the state and it's craftsmen. He showed me an example of a craft type and said it was made by this fine lady from Philadelphia.

I said ," yeah Philadelphia, that's where the civil rights workers were murdered." He replied That was because of outside agitators. I said "So you kill them? That was it for me. I was hoping I didn't agitate any body as I headed north.

Ever been there? Not really. I was there in June and stopped in at the Mississippi Center of Craft Art. The Director, a retired minister was all bubbly about the state and it's craftsmen. He showed me an example of a craft type and said it was made by this fine lady from Philadelphia.

I said ," yeah Philadelphia, that's where the civil rights workers were murdered." He replied That was because of outside agitators. So you kill them? That was it for me. I was hoping I didn't agitate any body as I headed north.
No filter whatsoever. Wonder how much worse (is there worse?) when he's hanging with his friends. A minister. Jesus.

Rocky was on that podcast tonight. One interesting quote from him "I don't want to just sit on the beach with my boys, I want to do what's more fun for me and that's just coaching ball."
They predicted him to go to USC as DC

Let me take this 3 steps forward. Based on what TexanMark had said about the DC having been hired and what CuseLegacy said this morning about the theory of our coaches being interviewed, is it possible Rocky was the DC hire (even if not contractually because he hadn't resigned from SDSU yet) and he was in Syracuse to interview the other defensive coaches to give his input to Dino. With the coaches convention starting this weekend, the timing of Rocky's interviews of our coaches would fit with the timing of talking to other coaches at the convention IF he had identified coaches that needed to be replaced and Dino concurred.

Or if Rocky already has been identified as the DC, he may have just been seeing the other coaches here as a meet and greet.

Andddd YOU GET A CAR!

And YOU GET A CAR!!!!

And YOU GET A CAR!!!

1578629060826.gif

One daughter coaches basketball at Rogers State in Tulsa Oklahoma.

The other daughter coaches volleyball at Queens College in Charlotte.

Would USC hire a 70 year old from outside the p5 who likely wont contribute to recruiting?

Maybe yes or maybe no.

Last couple days on twitter we haven't been getting a lot of love. Seems like its now Miss St DC, USC DC, New Mexico DC, even Wash St HC.

Had he not flown here I would think there are a lot of other places more likely for him to end up. But he did fly here, as far as we know he hasn’t visited any other colleges. Obviously he could be talking to them and we don’t know it but if there wasn’t something to him and SU he could have just picked up the phone too and not flown across the country. Maybe it doesn’t work out and he ends up here but I feel like we’re a player in this. I’m not flying anywhere for no reason at all.

Had he not flown here I would think there are a lot of other places more likely for him to end up. But he did fly here, as far as we know he hasn’t visited any other colleges. Obviously he could be talking to them and we don’t know it but if there wasn’t something to him and SU he could have just picked up the phone too and not flown across the country. Maybe it doesn’t work out and he ends up here but I feel like we’re a player in this. I’m not flying anywhere for no reason at all.

that's how I feel. obviously he didn't fly 2500 miles to talk about the 3-3-5, that was just SDSU biding time after word of the trip leaked out and until they could announce everything. Mark has now had two sources tell him we already have our guy, so just adds to the mystery. has it been Rocky all along?...

Would USC hire a 70 year old from outside the p5 who likely wont contribute to recruiting?
Got to be honest. The lack of recruiting bothers me. We really need to increase our competencies there.

would he take a job where the coach is one season away from getting canned is probably the bigger question.
On the show linked above, they were talking w/ him about going to USC, Helton getting canned midseason and then he takes over. he says to them you guys are dreamers.

Believe if he's not announced next week, he's not coming. I'm sure he wanted to give a little time for the SDSU announcement to settle and not look like he already accepted a new job before leaving. But by the end of next week, you have the coaches convention completed and contact period for recruits resumes. You need to start figuring out what kind of Defense you're going to run and whose going to be on your staff for recruiting purposes. Recruiting for a 3-3-5 is very different than recruiting for a 4-3.

Last edited:
On the show linked above, they were talking w/ him about going to USC, Helton getting canned midseason and then he takes over.

doesn't fit what Rocky seemingly wants to do. he has said many times that head coaching has so many headaches, he would just love to focus on being a coordinator. even on an interim basis, taking over head coaching duties at a football factory doesn't make any sense.

Got to be honest. The lack of recruiting bothers me. We really need to increase our competencies there.
Recruiting’s not been an issue on the defensive side, and his scheme would attract DT’s and linebackers compared to our current.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom