roll call: whos NOT going to the georgia dome? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

roll call: whos NOT going to the georgia dome?

Hopefully watching Monday's national title game from a bar near Safeco Field for Mariner's home opener!

I will be watching from a bar in Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. Planned a family trip in October. Knew it was final four weekend but I rolled the dice.

Came up snake eyes.

Could be worse. You could be in a place that doesn't have a Dogfish Head brew pub with TV's over the bar.

Watching at official SU Philly alumni club game watching even with tons of other 'Cuse fans!

I was hoping to go down with a couple friends and my father and stay with my friends sister. Unfortunately, it looks like she will not be able to put us up for the weekend. So if we go, it will likely be a 16 hour drive on Sunday and look to get tickets for Monday. May not be able to talk them into that. As one of my friends said over the weekend, life is all about experiences. And as George Carlin put it, "And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away."

It's easy to find reasons not to go. But I know if we were in Atlanta on Monday at the Dome to watch Syracuse battle for a national championship, we would not regret the trip. If they win it all, I can imagine myself regretting not going. I remember after 09/11 being in NYC during the World Series. I could have got a ticket to see the game on Sunday because people were scared to go to the game. But because I had just been laid off, I decided to fly back and not stay the extra day to see the game. It turned out to be one of the greatest World Series games ever and a meaningful one given the emotional circumstances surrounding it. And I've regretted my decision ever since. I learned my lesson with the last Space Shuttle launch. I always wanted to see one and I did everything I could to see the last one go up. And I did see it and it's a moment that I'll remember forever. Some things are worth spending money on and amazing experiences are one of them.

If I don't go, I hope SU holds an event at the Dome. That would be the 2nd best place to be. But we'll see what the weekend brings. Let's Go Orange!

I will have to DVR it. Have an obligation. Pain in the ass since I have to not look at my phone and tell tons of people for no spoiler texts.
Really? Who,schedules stuff during March Madness? Idiots!

I will be watching from a bar in Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. Planned a family trip in October. Knew it was final four weekend but I rolled the dice.

Came up snake eyes.
F Delaware!

I'll be up early watching from my Nanjing hotel room with my laptop and VPN (most US video's are blocked by the Great Firewall of China). The feed is usually delayed a few minutes so as always I'm dependent on the kindness of my chat-room brethren to keep me up to date with PBP .. so far they haven't let me down .. thanks OrangeExtreme!

I'll be watching from my hotel in Orlando. Man, I obviously had no inkling we'd ever get this far. Would have loved to make the trip. Was in Boston in 2003; that was my only tourney trip.

Are you in public accounting?

No. Controller for a major company. We have a 6-day close cycle. Monday is day 6 of our Q1 close. My house could be on fire and I would still need to be there.

damn marsh, of all the people on this board to book a vacation the weekend of the final 4 youd be the last person id expect, whether cuse was in it or not. its the final 4!

Brutal I know. I had already planned before the season to attend the Gtown game in DC and part of the BET (went down for the finals). I also had planned on going to the first and second rounds if they were anyplace but California. Lost on that one as well.

Oh well. The only positive is that the people we are staying with we also watched the 1996 semi-finals with so the karma is good.

Love Rehoboth. My family is planning to head out in early May for a weekend.

It really is a great place. We have friends in Dover who have since bought a place in Rehoboth so we are staying right down there which I have never done.

I'll be on my favorite spot on my couch watching. Yes, going would be amazing, but as long as Syracuse wins, which they will, I will be happy! Go Syracuse!

This is true

I just checked and as of 3/25 they have 22 beers on tap in addition to bottles and their house liquor. Better get there early.

Best part is you're probably well within stumbling distance to get home!

No. Controller for a major company. We have a 6-day close cycle. Monday is day 6 of our Q1 close. My house could be on fire and I would still need to be there.

Gotcha I'm at a medium sized healthcare company. We have a little bit longer close cycle so I managed to clear it with the boss. Was kinda surprised they let me take monday.

I'll be standing 2 feet from my tv while my two nutso kids jump on the couch behind. It's my oldests 3rd bday. Not a chance I'd miss that.

I'll be at home watching with my 9 year old son (he was still cooking for the last one) and with 6 or 8 of my buddies including a few big SU fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom