Ron Patterson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ron Patterson

In all seriousness, I like Mike Rice and he is working his butt off trying to get kids to go to Rutgers. But, how long before he realizes that it is next to impossible, particularly in the new Big East?
If he wants to field a legitimate tourny team... It will be elsewhere.

If he wants to field a legitimate tourny team... It will be elsewhere.
I agree, hopefully for his sake, he can find a better job.

Seldon plan A, Jordan plan B, this dude plan C at the 11th hour
Plan A was one of Ennis, Cat Barber, or Jordan. How soon we forget.

Going back in for seconds on Plan A is a testament to how far our recruiting has come. In the past it was always like one of Lowry or Wright or however, not a take 2 out of 3 situation.

I'm with Ed on this one, sorry no one clued you in to lower your expectations on the pipe dream of Seldon. Glad to see you didn't go all Bernfinfrvrcuse on us.

Going back in for seconds on Plan A is a testament to how far our recruiting has come. In the past it was always like one of Lowry or Wright or however, not a take 2 out of 3 situation.

I'm with Ed on this one, sorry no one clued you in to lower your expectations on the pipe dream of Seldon. Glad to see you didn't go all Bernfinfrvrcuse on us.
Jordan and Ennis or whoever guard is unbelievable!

True PG plan A Ennis score!

Combo Guard different plan....

Remember, Patterson was an IU commit, only recently back on the market. All things being equal, he may have been the staff's first choice at the 2 if they had known he was going to be available.

Remember, Patterson was an IU commit, only recently back on the market. All things being equal, he may have been the staff's first choice at the 2 if they had known he was going to be available.
+1...good comment Capt! IU fully expected Patterson to be in this year's recruiting class...the kid is a very good player and though I understand comments questioning his offer...let's not get into a discussion of his capability...leave that to JB and Hop etc. And most recent ESPNInsider (have taken some out to make sure its posted), indicates following:

Hoosier Nation was disappointed when touted shooting guard Ron Patterson (Indianapolis, Ind./Brewster Academy), a member of Indiana's highly ranked 2012 recruiting class,failed to make it into school.
"My recruitment has been good. I cancelled a visit to Xavier because of a conflict. I'm also hearing from SMU. I don't have any favorites yet. I'm going to take an official to Syracuse coming up soon. From Wednesday (October 31st) until Friday (November 2nd)."
Along with the aforementioned SMU, Xavier and Syracuse, Patterson indicates that Providence, UConn, Boston College and Florida State are the other schools recruiting him the hardest.
J Kaiser

Frankly, it would be a good get...and we haven't gotten him to commit as yet.

patterson cant get into indiana but he can get into syracuse? but i read on the football board that syracuse has tough admissions ?:confused:

patterson cant get into indiana but he can get into syracuse? but i read on the football board that syracuse has tough admissions ?:confused:
It was discussed a bit earlier. He had the grades, but there was a numbers issue. 14 players for 13 spots, so Crean used a non existant grade issue as the excuse to cut Patterson before he got there.

everybody we don't get was a pipe dream!
No, Noel was realistic.

Selden was destined for Kansas for the last 2 years. There was less than a 1% chance of us landing him. Same with Young who went to UK. He was a heavy UK lean since the beginning. These aren't losses for us because we didn't put as much effort into recruiting them. If we lost Ennis that would be troubling. If we lose Briscoe, Bryant, McCullough, then you can complain about losses because those 3 should be coming here.

Alot of the youtube comments say he didn't want to go to IU.

Agree looks to be really well built physically scrappy hands, likes to battle for rebounds block and the physicallity. Didn't see a second gear, which can be a problem with the speed of the college game, but maybe hes fast enough that he doesn't need one. Wants to score.

It was discussed a bit earlier. He had the grades, but there was a numbers issue. 14 players for 13 spots, so Crean used a non existant grade issue as the excuse to cut Patterson before he got there.
Correct..good post...Patterson was screwed by Crean...Crean overbooked his shollies because of lost of some due to APR rules. Patterson was recruited and expected back this year...but he basically said f..k you Crean.

First let me say this is from twitter and this may just be a rumor but here goes.

@HoosierSNation: If true, happy for Buss. Great fit. RT @MattOdoubleG @HoosierSNation Being told Buss will commit to Syracuse and sign his LOI in November.

its time...have Patterson visit...if in fact we offered, then we want a commit. Why the games with kid's who want to come here. Remember MCW and Cooney...they wanted 'Cuse even more than we wanted them initially...so let's quit the fooling around...either date the one you have offered or dont make the offer...we are getting to be like Indiana Univ....and I frankly don't like it.

its time...have Patterson visit...if in fact we offered, then we want a commit. Why the games with kid's who want to come here. Remember MCW and Cooney...they wanted 'Cuse even more than we wanted them initially...so let's quit the fooling around...either date the one you have offered or dont make the offer...we are getting to be like Indiana Univ....and I frankly don't like it.

well put and i agree. staff knows something we do not. of course ive been hoping Jordan would commit but hes not pulling the trigger so we have to do something.

Recruiting makes for great discussions and debates, but only the staff really have the relevant information to make an informed opinion on these recruits. One opinion is to take the first that qualifies. The other is, if the staff really prefers another player, wait it out and hopefully get the guy you really want. I trust the staff to make the best decision on this kind of stuff. Who knows, there could be another recruit lurking as insurance at the PG/combo guard position that SU could pull the trigger on that hasn't even been discussed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom