Roy Williams Retiring / UNC hires Hubert Davis | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Roy Williams Retiring / UNC hires Hubert Davis

I could see them going the Michigan route. If so, I think Stackhouse or Hubert make the most sense.
UNC is like Michigan that way--to quote Bo Schembechler "I want a Michigan man to coach Michigan"

UNC took it to a bad extreme when they hired Matt Doherty. Davis/Stackhouse may be a similar gamble.

[SU might be in the same category :rolleyes:.]

I’ll always remember him as the HC that got his arse handed to him in the 2003 national championship.

I like him a lot.

SU fans always talked a lot of s--- and I never understood why. Seemed like a nice human being, coached a clean game, and was always a good quote.

It's a shame SU had such weak (and small) teams since joining the ACC, I always thought Boeheim had a great tactical advantage against Roy, but lately he hasn't had the personnel to get it done.

Anyway, sad day. A lame league gets a little less attractive with one fewer big-name coach.

Somewhere Chris Beard is like “mofos!!!”
I’d put Billy Donovan, Chris Mack and maybe Brad Stevens on a short list. I think Stackhouse could be a real contender especially with success Juwan has had a Michigan...

I like him a lot.

SU fans always talked a lot of s--- and I never understood why. Seemed like a nice human being, coached a clean game, and was always a good quote.

It's a shame SU had such weak (and small) teams since joining the ACC, I always thought Boeheim had a great tactical advantage against Roy, but lately he hasn't had the personnel to get it done.

Anyway, sad day. A lame league gets a little less attractive with one fewer big-name coach.
Roy finally called a timeout

Let's be honest. This gives UNC a clear advantage and head start vs Duke and SU in the challenge to replace a legend.

Honestly way more than the ongoing dead horse over how we feel about JBs last 6 and next whatever amount of years to me is the concern about the race for what comes next. Louisville and UNC now will lead the pack behind UVA who was ahead anyways. Duke, SU and FSU are up.

Let's be honest. This gives UNC a clear advantage and head start vs Duke and SU in the challenge to replace a legend.

Honestly way more than the ongoing dead horse over how we feel about JBs last 6 and next whatever amount of years to me is the concern about the race for what comes next. Louisville and UNC now will lead the pack behind UVA who was ahead anyways. Duke, SU and FSU are up.

I’m not worried about Louisville. Mack isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire there.