Run offense through Lydon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Run offense through Lydon

I'm guessing you are using the stat at the end of your post for the entire post?

If so, talk about fools gold. There have been 100 better freshmen than Lydon and he certainly is not going to be the 7th pick in the draft this year.

The only thing that makes Lydon even remotely special in that statistic is the combination of 2+ blocks and 2+ 3pa. If you take either 1 away it adds hundreds of candidates. And neither 2+ blocks nor 2+ 3pa's are considered "great" seperately.

True, but that's because the guys who usually block that many shots are tall guys who don't have 3 point range, and the guys who shoot a lot of 3's normally don't block a lot of shots. it definitely speaks to his versatility.

True, but that's because the guys who usually block that many shots are tall guys who don't have 3 point range, and the guys who shoot a lot of 3's normally don't block a lot of shots. it definitely speaks to his versatility.

I understand that he is versatile. But you can manufacture any statline you want to make it look rare. As I said, neither 2 blocks nor 2 3pa's are that good. It is only when you put the 2 together. But it also helps that Lydon is currently playing Center in the zone. If he was playing the 3/4 majority of minutes - he wouldnt be blocking 2 shots a game.

If you watch him play, you know he can do more. So no matter how "rare" the random stat line is, it isn't fulfilling his freshman year potential right now. He is losing rebounds, getting caught too deep in the paint, and not taking some open shots.

Thats a compliment based on exceeding expectations.

I understand that he is versatile. But you can manufacture any statline you want to make it look rare. As I said, neither 2 blocks nor 2 3pa's are that good. It is only when you put the 2 together. But it also helps that Lydon is currently playing Center in the zone. If he was playing the 3/4 majority of minutes - he wouldnt be blocking 2 shots a game.

If you watch him play, you know he can do more. So no matter how "rare" the random stat line is, it isn't fulfilling his freshman year potential right now. He is losing rebounds, getting caught too deep in the paint, and not taking some open shots.

Thats a compliment based on exceeding expectations.

It is the Bill James "we can create a group" fallacy. I'm not saying it means he's awesome or anything, but it isn't just throwing random stats together; the fact that it's 2 things that aren't generally related to one another does say something for him. How much; I have no idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom