Rupp Arena decreasing capacity by 3,000 | Syracusefan.com

Rupp Arena decreasing capacity by 3,000

Interesting that they're getting rid of their troughs ...

Interesting.

Rupp is huge. Its impressive inside because its so big but all the seats are close to the court. But the building is legit larger than an NBA arena yet has better sight lines. Its a basketball version of Ralph Wilson built when fans were the priority not luxury boxes. I like the Dome for football hoops not so much due to seats being way too far from the court. (Phog Allen for example is tiny and 15000 people cramped into the lower bowl of an NBA arena and the most uncomfortable venue ever.)

This is good for us we should coast to highest attendance every year now.

So, SU will again become the NCAA attendnce leader.
I'd say yes... however, knowing UK you are never sure how they count their attendance

Last edited:
Hopefully at some point of the Dome renovation; the common fan can get closer to the court. All that space around the court just looks awful and of course takes away from the game experience, potential noise, etc. I understand why it needs to be there but hopefully something can be done to fix that.

Interesting.

Rupp is huge. Its impressive inside because its so big but all the seats are close to the court. But the building is legit larger than an NBA arena yet has better sight lines. Its a basketball version of Ralph Wilson built when fans were the priority not luxury boxes. I like the Dome for football hoops not so much due to seats being way too far from the court. (Phog Allen for example is tiny and 15000 people cramped into the lower bowl of an NBA arena and the most uncomfortable venue ever.)

This is good for us we should coast to highest attendance every year now.
I've been in Rupp a few times (including once this last season), and it's fine, but not overly impressed. Matter of fact, used to consider it a dump, but they did add a nice center scoreboard. They should have just built its own standalone arena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom