Rutgers ruins another 4 star kid | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers ruins another 4 star kid

The worst part of our move to the ACC is that we won't have the opportunity to put an a** whooping on the girls this year. Kyle Flood may be a nice man. He can absolutely recruit. As a head coach he's in over his head.

Its very easy to be in over your head when your head is up your a&&

Fyi teddy Greenstein reporting Shuler to northwestern lol. Couldn't see field at RU, thinks he will see field at NU??

Fyi teddy Greenstein reporting Shuler to northwestern lol. Couldn't see field at RU, thinks he will see field at NU??

Surprised they are allowing him to move to another B1G school ... he will see the field and NU ... he will replace Venric Mark.

Surprised they are allowing him to move to another B1G school ... he will see the field and NU ... he will replace Venric Mark.

article said Rutgers fought it, but Shuler appealed to NCAA even though RU wont play NU in B1G unless its the Conf champ game. Guess NCAA thought RU wouldnt make Conf champ game either llol

article said Rutgers fought it, but Shuler appealed to NCAA even though RU wont play NU in B1G unless its the Conf champ game. Guess NCAA thought RU wouldnt make Conf champ game either llol

Fantastic ... not sure why they would think that ... :rolleyes:

Former 4-star DT Marquise Wright from Paramus Catholic (NJ) is transferring from Buttgers to an FCS school. Hope some of these NJ transfers rub some High School coaches the wrong way. Seems to be more than a few as of late.

Former 4-star DT Marquise Wright from Paramus Catholic (NJ) is transferring from Buttgers to an FCS school. Hope some of these NJ transfers rub some High School coaches the wrong way. Seems to be more than a few as of late.

Wow 2 kids, the same year and mid-season? Crazy.

Give Rutgers their due, whatever that may be. Competitive recruiting will only make us all better.

I posted this over on the Scout premium forum, but hopefully this helps to end the debate:

I had to check again for myself, but Schiano's career record at Rutgers was 68-67. His Big East Conference record was 28-48. That means that FORTY of his wins or roughtly 60% came against non-conference opponents.

And Here are his 40 OOC wins (I've bolded BCS conference opponents and italicized FCS opponents):

Buffalo (4)
Navy (6)
Army (7)
Mich. St.
Kent. St.
Vanderbilt
Villanova
North Carolina
Illinois

Ohio (2)
Howard (2)
Kansas St.
Norfolk St. (2)
Ball St.
Morgan St.
NC St.
Florida Intl. (2)
Maryland
Texas Southern
UCF
NC Central
Iowa St.

It's actually unbelievable when you look at the numbers. 15 wins against FCS opponents and Army, which is basically an FCS team. 14 wins against Navy and MAC opponents. He's a guy with a .500 record with 43% of his wins coming against FCS, MAC, or service academy opponents. And that is the smoke and mirrors that is Rutgers.

And not a single victory during his entire tenure over a traditional power college team - the Texas, USC, Miami, FSU, Ohio St, Notre Dame's of the world. Then again, you have to schedule them to have an opportunity to beat them.:noidea:

Ok so here is Syracuse over the same period:

Auburn
Kansas St. (2)
UCF (3)
ECU
Rhode Island (2)
North Carolina
Toledo (2)
Notre Dame (2)
Buffalo (3)
Cincinnati
Illinois
Miami OH
Wyoming
Northeastern
Northwestern
Maine (2)
Akron (2)
Colgate
Wake Forest
Tulane

We had 30 OOC wins over the same period, and were 53-80 over that stretch. 6 were vs. FCS opponents and we did not lose to any FCS opponents. We did not play the service academies over that period. 8 of our wins came against MAC opponents, exactly the same as Rutgers during that period. If we played 17 games over the same period vs FCS opponents and Army like Rutgers did, I'm pretty confident we would have had at a minimum 10 more wins. That would put us at 63-70 with 23 conference wins during a very down period for the program, versus 68-67 with 28 conference wins during their "power" years. Even taking the results as they are, we still had 1 more win over a BCS level program during that period, including Auburn and 2 over Notre Dame.

I give Schiano a lot of credit, Rutgers was an absolute abomination prior to him arriving. But what I have posted I'm this thread are the exact reasons why the Syracuse fan base has such a hard time understanding the hype around that program.

Give Rutgers their due, whatever that may be. Competitive recruiting will only make us all better.

Not in recruiting. Lesser competition in the NE for recruits is a very good thing, no matter what.

This just has to be mentioned but yet another player has quite buttgers during the season. I think he makes 3.

This time Ian Thomas a highly recruited kid from Maryland who was playing cornerback has bailed. This kid was starting as a redshirt frosh.

apparently left to pursue baseball at another college??? makes no sense to leave mid-season. Can't enroll in another college until next semester. something smells.

This just has to be mentioned but yet another player has quite buttgers during the season. I think he makes 3.

This time Ian Thomas a highly recruited kid from Maryland who was playing cornerback has bailed. This kid was starting as a redshirt frosh.

apparently left to pursue baseball at another college??? makes no sense to leave mid-season. Can't enroll in another college until next semester. something smells.
A different Thomas, but I noticed that Jordan Thomas from Endicott is now playing S at Delaware.

that's interesting because i thought he went to binghamton to pursue running track.
The Blue Hens made the mistake of hiring former Rutgers OC Dave Brock to replace KC Keeler. Apparently he brought Thomas with him. But it still raises the question why a player at a FBS school, who was receiving significant PT, would leave in mid-career to attend an FCS school. Something is missing from this story.
Thomas profile

I posted this over on the Scout premium forum, but hopefully this helps to end the debate:

I had to check again for myself, but Schiano's career record at Rutgers was 68-67. His Big East Conference record was 28-48. That means that FORTY of his wins or roughtly 60% came against non-conference opponents.

And Here are his 40 OOC wins (I've bolded BCS conference opponents and italicized FCS opponents):

Buffalo (4)
Navy (6)
Army (7)
Mich. St.
Kent. St.
Vanderbilt
Villanova
North Carolina
Illinois

Ohio (2)
Howard (2)
Kansas St.
Norfolk St. (2)
Ball St.
Morgan St.
NC St.
Florida Intl. (2)
Maryland
Texas Southern
UCF
NC Central
Iowa St.

It's actually unbelievable when you look at the numbers. 15 wins against FCS opponents and Army, which is basically an FCS team. 14 wins against Navy and MAC opponents. He's a guy with a .500 record with 43% of his wins coming against FCS, MAC, or service academy opponents. And that is the smoke and mirrors that is Rutgers.

And not a single victory during his entire tenure over a traditional power college team - the Texas, USC, Miami, FSU, Ohio St, Notre Dame's of the world. Then again, you have to schedule them to have an opportunity to beat them.:noidea:

I believe I ran across an article yesterday or Monday, that brought this up. It was questioning how schiano got the job at Tampa, the narrative of the story was, based on what he did at RU, this was almost expected.

that's interesting because i thought he went to binghamton to pursue running track.

That was the RU Football Internet Adjustment Bureau just doing their dirty work. Wonder if this other kid ends up at Deleware as well to play *cough* baseball *cough*

That was the RU Football Internet Adjustment Bureau just doing their dirty work. Wonder if this other kid ends up at Deleware as well to play *cough* baseball *cough*

I've seen comments that the kid never played baseball in high school. say what ???? can't make this sht up.