Rutgers Steve Pikiell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Steve Pikiell

Just talked to my kid. I asked him if he thought SU was a top 15 job. Now, he’s much more invested in the NBA, but he’s 19, a college sophomore, and plays basketball (well) many times a week.

His exact quote was that if he wasn’t the son of an SU fan, “he probably wouldn’t know who Syracuse is.”
It's very easy to cut people out of wills

I just checked his salary. He just received a new four year extension with a whopping $15 million dollar buyout. He’s making three million this year, but will reach $4 million by 2027. He signed through 2029. The buyout drops $2 million each year. He’s going nowhere.
That's the current reality of college hoops. Good coaches cost a pretty penny. That's why SU will go the discount route and keep it in house. Ya get what ya pay for.

Plus Piscataway is a lovely Staten Island bedroom community.

No it isn’t a better program. They’ve accomplished absolutely nothing. They’re mediocre just like us.

And they play in a crappy little gym at a school nobody likes or cares about.
one of the best homer courts in the ncaa ---ask jb

I just checked his salary. He just received a new four year extension with a whopping $15 million dollar buyout. He’s making three million this year, but will reach $4 million by 2027. He signed through 2029. The buyout drops $2 million each year. He’s going nowhere.
tooo bad he would be great here. he is on the cusp at rutgers right now

I prefer “too good for Rutgers” to “not good enough for Washington.”

Pikiel got. 3 year extension the other day. Lasts until 2032 and he’ll be making 4.5 mil per year then. I don’t think he’s going anywhere

Just talked to my kid. I asked him if he thought SU was a top 15 job. Now, he’s much more invested in the NBA, but he’s 19, a college sophomore, and plays basketball (well) many times a week.

His exact quote was that if he wasn’t the son of an SU fan, “he probably wouldn’t know who Syracuse is.”

The thing about 19 year olds is they’re about 5 years away from getting an opinion correct.

If Rutgers didn’t have the Garden going like this, it doesn’t really matter…

Is that the night the fans were chanting “who owns New York…”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom