Walk On
Indiana has the most among FBS at 636 all-time losses
Northwestern 635 all-time losses
Wake Forest 616 all-time losses
Kansas St 614 all-time losses
Rutgers 608 all-time losses
Iowa St 601 all-time losses
Tulane 600 all-time losses

The Big Ten now has 3 out of the 7 worst FBS programs (Rutgers, Indiana, NW)

Their biggest loss is having to BE Rutgers.
That's a fate I would never wish upon any foe. There's rock bottom...and then there's Rutgers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

That's a fate I would never wish upon any foe. There's rock bottom...and then there's Rutgers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I can't stand Rutgers but they did beat SU the last two times we faced them, so if they're rock bottom, why couldn't we beat them?

I can't stand Rutgers but they did beat SU the last two times we faced them, so if they're rock bottom, why couldn't we beat them?
We beat ourselves ...

I have great confidence in Buttgers that they can once again reclaim the title of #1 Most Losing football program. You can do it guys. Keep on choppin wood, boys. Keep on choppin.

I guessed blind and only got 2 K-state and NW and I thought Minnesota would be on the list, don't know why.
Since K-state has been pretty good the last 20 years, they must have been absolutely putrid when they were bad to be 3rd all time.

Northwestern 635 all-time losses (44.18%, 1177)
Wake Forest 616 all-time losses (41.11%, 1074)
Kansas St 614 all-time losses (44.4%, 1142)
Rutgers 608 all-time losses (50.67%, 1275)
Iowa St 601 all-time losses (45.88%, 1153)
Tulane 600 all-time losses (45.51%, 1136)

I added their all-time win % and total # of games played. For programs that have been around a while, the worst lifetime performance is:

Kent State, 327-508-28, 39.51%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win-loss_records

From that page also, of ACC teams, SU / Pitt / Virginia have been playing football the longest, 123 years. We have played the most games of any team, and have the most wins.

I added their all-time win % and total # of games played. For programs that have been around a while, the worst lifetime performance is:

Kent State, 327-508-28, 39.51%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win-loss_records

From that page also, of ACC teams, SU / Pitt / Virginia have been playing football the longest, 123 years. We have played the most games of any team, and have the most wins.
You have to take into account though that Rutgers has never played a true BCS schedule (even when they were in the Big East, they played a D1AA OOC schedule). Look at their history. They have played a ton of games against peer programs like Lafayette, Lehigh and Swarthmore.

If they played the same schedule schools like Northwestern and Kansas State have over the years, they would have 200 or 300 more losses.

Rutgers Patriot League Football History

Actually 3 out of the top 5.

And who said they didn't have tradition?:)

That's because the B1G doesn't want competitive balance. They prefer to have Michigan, OSU, etc. beat up on everyone else. Those are the times when the B1G is perceived to be strongest. The reason why Rutgers and Maryland were invited was TV sets as well as the fact that those two schools will likely not disrupt the hierarchy.

Syracuse was 0-2 against that list last year.

And then we rallied and beat the crap out of one of the most powerful offensive teams in the nation in our bowl game.

How'd you guys do in your bowl game?

Fortunately, college football is more than one game or one year. Programs are measured by their body of work.

You have to take into account though that Rutgers has never played a true BCS schedule (even when they were in the Big East, they played a D1AA OOC schedule). Look at their history. They have played a ton of games against peer programs like Lafayette, Lehigh and Swarthmore.

If they played the same schedule schools like Northwestern and Kansas State have over the years, they would have 200 or 300 more losses.

Rutgers Patriot League Football History
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom