Rutty fans handling the Cuse resurgence well | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutty fans handling the Cuse resurgence well

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the WSYR call on Rob Moore’s TD in 1987. My friends and I were jumping around the parking lot as our HS homecoming game was going on in the background. That was one glorious day for us young SU football fans and the sign that we were going to have a special season.

Fast forward 8 years when I had to go to State College a couple of times on business. I remember seeing the news coverage in Syracuse when some rabid SU fans painted the Nittany Lion orange and all the crap the University took for it. When I laid eyes on that iconic lion for the first time I took a real close look. Sure enough, there was still orange paint in all of crevices!! I walked away with a huge grin on my face and couldn’t help but chuckle. After all that time, the Orange was still leaving a mark on Happy Valley.

WAR OTTO!!! (If that’s still a thing on here. It has been a long time for me.)

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the WSYR call on Rob Moore’s TD in 1987. My friends and I were jumping around the parking lot as our HS homecoming game was going on in the background. That was one glorious day for us young SU football fans and the sign that we were going to have a special season.

Fast forward 8 years when I had to go to State College a couple of times on business. I remember seeing the news coverage in Syracuse when some rabid SU fans painted the Nittany Lion orange and all the crap the University took for it. When I laid eyes on that iconic lion for the first time I took a real close look. Sure enough, there was still orange paint in all of crevices!! I walked away with a huge grin on my face and couldn’t help but chuckle. After all that time, the Orange was still leaving a mark on Happy Valley.

I was at the 50 yd line. Third row, second level. It was the loudest I have ever….ever…Heard the dome . It was glorious

I was at the 50 yd line. Third row, second level. It was the loudest I have ever….ever…Heard the dome . It was glorious
I was in student section. It was glorious

That’s awesome! My friend was at the WVU game later that season. He tried to describe to me how loud it was in there when Michael Owens scored the 2-pt conversion. He said he couldn’t hear himself scream and felt like the entire upper deck of the Dome was going to collapse. I wish I had been there for those moments. The closest I have is being there for Pearl’s shot against BC and McNabb’s throwback to Brominski.

That’s awesome! My friend was at the WVU game later that season. He tried to describe to me how loud it was in there when Michael Owens scored the 2-pt conversion. He said he couldn’t hear himself scream and felt like the entire upper deck of the Dome was going to collapse. I wish I had been there for those moments. The closest I have is being there for Pearl’s shot against BC and McNabb’s throwback to Brominski.
I was there for Owens and Bromiski as well. Not quite as loud as PennSt game. If I remember correctly. Lol

I have been in the Dome for a ton of events and that and Miami in ‘92 was the loudest IMO

I was in the endzone. He ran right at me. I think i pissed myself

Welcome back!

We've never been good at the same time. When one program is up, the other is way down. Hopefully we'll be evening out a bit to have more heat.

I've actually never had a negative interaction with a Pitt fan. Even at the height of our basketball rivalry I had some good times with Pitt fans at the Big East Tournament. Narduzzi is quite unlikeable though, so if we can get some high stakes games, it would mean more.
You need to drink more at games, their fans become real easy to hate

As a kid I was at the McNabb senior day game as well... I agree, when he walked out of the tunnel it was the loudest I'd ever heard heard the Dome, it still gives me chills thinking about it. Then, to DOMINATE Miami the way they did that day, will always be one of the best live sports experiences of my life.

Didn't see any of those moments live, unfortunately.
But I was in NOLA for the Sugar Bowl vs Tie-Dye and Auburn. Afterwards on Bourbon Street, I remember being drunk and spoiling for a fight with Auburn fans, who seemed quite happy to "pull out" a tie.
We were looking at an undefeated season, while those POS' were celebrating a tying FG? The name "Pat Dye" is anathema in my house. Still ticks me off to this day!!! :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom