BC
Pittsburgh would be my choice for current ACC rivalries

IMG_9957.jpeg

Ewwwwww

Penn State was our rival.
Clemson
BC

Clemson has USC; it would take decades for them to consider us even a secondary rival.

Boston doesn’t even care about Boston College. I can’t ever see legitimately caring either.

Pitt is already a “rival”, but I don’t think it will ever be a hot rivalry both sides care about.

The more potential rivals are getting discussed, the more apparent it becomes having a legitimate rival is unlikely.

Clemson has USC; it would take decades for them to consider us even a secondary rival.

Boston doesn’t even care about Boston College. I can’t ever see legitimately caring either.

Pitt is already a “rival”, but I don’t think it will ever be a hot rivalry both sides care about.

The more potential rivals are getting discussed, the more apparent it becomes having a legitimate rival is unlikely.

The only chance of a real rivalry IMO is with VA Tech. It was brewing back in the Big East. If both programs can get their mojo back, I could see it becoming a real rivalry. Although conference reallignment can change that.

We don't play Penn State, West Virginia, Rutgers, Maryland (great potential) yearly. Pitt and BC aren't good enough programs if we do indeed become Cuse again. The rest of the ACC has existing inconference or yearly OOC rivals.

VA Tech has an end of year game vs UVA but...
1. UVA thinks of the UNC game as their rivalry game
2. VA Tech is 22-2 vs UVA over the last 25 seasons. How is that a rivalry? And that is with VA Tech being down for a long time.

VA Tech likes to fancy Miami as a rival but Miami doesn't feel that way. Also Miami is 8-3 vs VA Tech over the last 12 seasons.

VA Tech used to travel well to the Dome. Since 1992 SU is 8-7 vs VA Tech where the home team won most games.

Penn State was our rival.
Clemson
BC
Before that the historical rival was Colgate. Hard to imagine that we were once relatively equivalent programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom