Ryan Braun suspended for the rest of the season... | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Braun suspended for the rest of the season...

This article reads like someone has just come out of the closet and needs a hug rather than a swift kick in the ass. Pathetic.

If I may ask a dumb question...

Should ARod receive a lifetime ban, that makes that contract null and void correct?
).
Why would he receive a lifetime ban? This is technically a first offense.

Why would he receive a lifetime ban? This is technically a first offense.

A man can hope right?

I read that he could have multiple offenses in just this particular case. I thought I read that it's a 3 strikes you're out in today's policy. So maybe it will just be 2 (the actual involvement, and the rumored efforts that he had to try to interfere with the investigation). 100 games, Yankees would save at least 7.5M on next year's luxury tax.

A man can hope right?

I read that he could have multiple offenses in just this particular case. I thought I read that it's a 3 strikes you're out in today's policy. So maybe it will just be 2 (the actual involvement, and the rumored efforts that he had to try to interfere with the investigation). 100 games, Yankees would save at least 7.5M on next year's luxury tax.
I think any suspension could potentially void the deal.

The suspensions are negotiable in this case, as you saw with Braun, who got 65 games or something.

Braun's salary that he is forfeiting should go directly to the pee handler from the first time he got caught. He got that person fired, ruined his life and then Braun claimed he was clean therefore implying the handler contaminated it.

I actually have a much bigger problem with Braun than AROD. AROD will get 82 games and will be back with Texas after the Yanks release him. The Yanks will probably pay a portion of his remaining salary due to the PED case and just chalk it up as a loss to get rid of the headache.

I actually have a much bigger problem with Braun than AROD. AROD will get 82 games and will be back with Texas after the Yanks release him. The Yanks will probably pay a portion of his remaining salary due to the PED case and just chalk it up as a loss to get rid of the headache.

If the Yankees cut him, they're still going to owe him the salary, I guess minus whatever he is suspended for. (Btw, does anyone know for sure that the team gets the money back, or does it go to the MLB slush fund?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom