Ryan Nssib Considered one of best QB's in College Football | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nssib Considered one of best QB's in College Football

arbitragegls

All Conference
Brock Huard of ESPN talked the top 10 QB's followed by 5 more...

Ryan was first after the Top 10..here is what is said...seems like he may be NFL bound:

Others receiving votes:

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse Orange -- Strong, sturdy and physically tough, Nassib has a powerful arm and is clearly on NFL draft boards. We'll see if it translates to wins for the 1-2 Orange.
My bet is Ryan ends well within the top 10 by end of season! What do you think?

I was hoping someone would post this

Thank God for Macky with his excellent snaps and decent line play by him and the other big uglies!

I dont think there are more than 4 qbs better than nassib honestly.

Everyone looks better when the line plays well. That's a big part of the difference /w Nassib this year and last.

Top 5 in this order

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Tajh Boyd
Landry Jones
Ryan Nassib

Top 5 in this order

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Tajh Boyd
Landry Jones
Ryan Nassib
Swap Bridgewater for Jones and that's a respectable list.

..seems like he may be NFL bound:

Well, he was graded as a 4th rounder before the season even started, so yeah I'd say he "may be NFL bound."

That said, he needs to learn to relax and know when to fire a fastball and when to take it easy.

Tnats negotiable...i have thought landry has been a bit overrated but he is still up there. I might even put nassib at third on that list if he is allowed to play the way he has thus far in the season.

Top 5 in this order

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Tajh Boyd
Landry Jones
Ryan Nassib

You forgot Denard Robinson and Tyler Wilson. Wilson is probably the best NFL prospect out there right now.

Tyler Bray and EJ Manuel are probably just a bit ahead of Nassib. We'll see how the season develops.

Denard robinson is not a qb in my opinion...his passes are throw it up and pray basically. Hell of a runner no question but that only works against certain defenses. Id take nassib ovet denard robinson any day of the week.

One thing I like about Nassib over Barkley is that he has done a lot with a lot less. When Barkley gets hit he starts to turtle and dollars to donuts if Nassib went to USC and Barkley to SU I'd bet the rankings would show Nassib ahead.

Top 5 in this order

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Tajh Boyd
Landry Jones
Ryan Nassib

Bridgewater and miller probably have to be ahead of nassib

Ryan was first after the Top 10..here is what is said...seems like he may be NFL bound:

Others receiving votes:

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse Orange -- Strong, sturdy and physically tough, Nassib has a powerful arm and is clearly on NFL draft boards. We'll see if it translates to wins for the 1-2 Orange.
Who cares what he says. We have incoming freshmen and guys on the bench better than him. Hell, our 3rd string running back is a better QB than this guy. If we were coaching, we'd play the best guys, not Nassib.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Others receiving votes:

Wasn't it last year that people on this board were calling Nassib the 'worst quarterback in the history of college football'?

Wasn't it last year that people on this board were calling Nassib the 'worst quarterback in the history of college football'?

If Nassib has a 2 or 3 interception game and SU losses, they will be back.

That's why we have message boards where knuckleheads like us can make all sorts of dumb-a$$ comments without doing any damage! :)

That shocks me, considering this is the same fanbase that personally saw Andrew Robinson and Cam Dantley take snaps from under center.

That shocks me, considering this is the same fanbase that personally saw Andrew Robinson and Cam Dantley take snaps from under center.

Those two will always have the Louisville and ND games respectively that will live in SU lore forever though.

The problem with that article is Nassib needs to win, he is the offensive leader just as a PG in basketball, and he needs to do a better job in getting points on the board. Lets wait a few more games to see, if he makes the adjustments necessary to get some wins.

If he starts connecting on long throws maybe a NFL future but I don't see many of his bombs on target.

If he starts connecting on long throws maybe a NFL future but I don't see many of his bombs on target.

I'd like to see him improve his touch on soft throws, especially screens as well. I firmly believe he is a better than average college qb and it's been a while since we've had one of those.

NFL caliber QBs...dont lose to minnesota.

we will see.

First off I hope you were kidding.

If not, would winning 3-0 and throwing 8-29 be better than losing 42-38 and being 35-43-5td's a make him a better qb winning 3-0? It's such a team game and I'll never understand the qb winning thing.